• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Would you click on this thumbnail?

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal
I know my niche is very specific and not for everyone, but if you were on the market for a doll, would you click on this? If not, please let me know how I can earn your click. Thank you!

frame_60Ken_final.jpg

heizenblog

Subscriber Goal
Its not my area of expertise but if I was to click i would want to know is this a history of video? Or a birthday celebration you've created for Ken? The thumbnail though definatly pops just perhaps (in my opionion) needs a subtitle. Hope that helps

Reactions: lifeinplastic
OP
OP
lifeinplastic

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal
Its not my area of expertise but if I was to click i would want to know is this a history of video? Or a birthday celebration you've created for Ken? The thumbnail though definatly pops just perhaps (in my opionion) needs a subtitle. Hope that helps

Thank you for your feedback. I suppose I could have included the word "unboxing" in the thumbnail to make it clearer. It is, however, in the title of the video.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think the colour definitely stands out - but maybe include something that tells you what the video is actually about - the imagery and size is also very good :)

OP
OP
lifeinplastic

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal
I think the colour definitely stands out - but maybe include something that tells you what the video is actually about - the imagery and size is also very good :)

Thank you for your feedback. Perhaps including the word "unboxing" would make it clearer. I definitely do not want to clutter it with too many words.

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
The "Ken" was a little diffcult to read due to the bright background. My suggestion either have a bright background with dark text or a dark background with bright text. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
lifeinplastic

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal
The "Ken" was a little diffcult to read due to the bright background. My suggestion either have a bright background with dark text or a dark background with bright text. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Yeah, the color of "Ken" is part of the brand, so I can't really change that. The background could be more muted. I chose this background because my other thumbnails have similar backgrounds, and I'm trying to stick to a particular aesthetic to have a consistent brand. That said, I have deviated from this bright pink a number of times, so it can be changed.

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi lifeinplastic,

The image of you is good quality and natural and like the color scheme a lot, perhaps just some rethinking of text used and how the sizing looks when viewed at thumb sizes.

This tool has been posted before, FREE and easy to use (not an aff link), drop in an image and view at diff thumb sizes...

https://thumbsup.tv/

Thanks, Patrick