• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Question About Video Sponsorship - How do I Handle a Request?

Debsterism

TubeBuddy Star
An advertiser approached me about creating a 30 second ad for their website which would run on a video. They want to know my fee. Welllllll I've never had a sponsor before as I just reached the magic 25K subscriber number about two weeks ago. Do any of you have tips or guidance for me on how to price this request? Do you run it on livestreams or on uploads only? Do they have to approve what you do first? Do we sign a contract of some sort that someone has a template for?

I have so many questions! lol

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
An advertiser approached me about creating a 30 second ad for their website which would run on a video. They want to know my fee. Welllllll I've never had a sponsor before as I just reached the magic 25K subscriber number about two weeks ago. Do any of you have tips or guidance for me on how to price this request? Do you run it on livestreams or on uploads only? Do they have to approve what you do first? Do we sign a contract of some sort that someone has a template for?

If you donΓÇÖt intend to sign a manager immediately I would tell them to send across their contract and offer in writing and you will have it reviewed. If you throw the first number itΓÇÖs almost definitely lower than they will pay. When you get it, have it reviewed.

Reactions: Damon

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
Congrats on the 25k subscribers!

They probably want to you slot in the advert into one of your videos that you would normally upload. I think Linus Tech Tips is a pretty standard example of how to achieve that, they generally have to ads inside every video, one near the beginning after some short intro context, and another at the end. Here is their latest video as an example:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX5xCQcHbPE&t=16s

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

you can use sites like social blue book, look up videos on it, and also remember. Does this product match my target audience? Do I stand by this product. It's always interesting.

Roberto blake has some of these.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
All the legal stuff and the butterflies aside, this would be my approach (for a first time ad integration):

First and foremost, does the product fit what I do and can I stand by it. This company is reaching out to you because you have a voice that people listen to, and they want you to tell the people who listen to you to buy their product. You need to make sure that this aligns with your core values. It needs to be a product that you can support, first and foremost.

After that... have fun! It's your first time, you are totally at liberty to screw it up, be awkward and make fun of yourself, charge whatever you are comfortable with! In the future maybe you need to go nose to the grindstone; get your legal paperwork ready and a bid process prepared. But so long as the company is willing to let you have fun you can do so. If they want a contract that's a little different... but if it is a simple arrangement you can do that once and above all you should enjoy the experience of having been sponsored!

As an aside I will note that ad integrations can be unnerving... I choose to push having fun here because it is a monumental occasion and you should enjoy that. It becomes tedious quick, and the rules and guidelines for ad integrations and sponsorships can get tiresome and make things difficult for you to enjoy the content you are making.

Kelcesuniquehair

first of all, congratulation reaching 25k that's amazing.