• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Any Feedback? (UPDATED)

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Old thumbnail version:

Sylvester_Stallone_thumbnail.png

New thumbnail version:

Thumbnail_Winner.png

Last edited:

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I think you have a theme for sure. The consistency is great, but I can't help wonder if you need to try something different to get a point of comparison

OP
OP
HenryBR

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think you have a theme for sure. The consistency is great, but I can't help wonder if you need to try something different to get a point of comparison
It all depends on the images available on web. See my Kobe Bryant thumbnail as an example.

Last edited:

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
It all depends on the images available on web. See my Kobe Bryant thumbnail as an example.
I can just tell you from personal experience that staying with one style is tough when you discover it doesn't do as well as a different style and have to redo all your thumbnails. As I'm in the middle of doing that right now. Best to test styles while your channel is small and you would have to change fewer items.

OP
OP
HenryBR

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I can just tell you from personal experience that staying with one style is tough when you discover it doesn't do as well as a different style and have to redo all your thumbnails. As I'm in the middle of doing that right now. Best to test styles while your channel is small and you would have to change fewer items.
True. Such a circumstance can occur during the development of my channel as I produce more content. However, I'm pretty much firm on this kind of style. Not to say that I am opposed to change. But as of the moment, it's what feels right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HenryBR

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Love the thumbnails!!! If I may ask what your CTR on those thumbnail?
I appreciate the kind words. To answer your question though, considering that I am still a new YouTuber the click-through rate of my videos are not that high. Currently it's between 10% - 20%.

Reactions: TheShihTzuFamily

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think the text is clear, the image is bold and it has good use of colour - I like it for its type of content :)

OP
OP
HenryBR

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I decided to redo my thumbail. Any thoughts on the new and improved version???

MrMisterXXL

Your Thumbnail is great but I would add a better background than only a black image. You can search for copyright free dark images in the internet. Also I would change the text font, maybe to Lilita One. Hope I can help you :D