• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How often do YOU upload SHORT video?

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
The shorts video is the next big thing happen to YouTube soon or later it going to over take long video! Do you think YouTube short is a good thing? and why!?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I plan to start uploading more soon. I myself want to experiment with uploading 2-3 shorts a week. For already established channels, they might want to be careful, if your audience has been crafted to expect certain types of non short form content, throwing some short form content could throw them off "I didn't subscribe for this? I'm unsubscribing"

BUT for channels that already do tips, tutorials, facts, all sorts of things really, you can experiment with quick tip shorts, quick facts shorts etc. For artists especially I see shorts being amazing value so I'm not too concerned with mixing shorts in with my longer content, seems art is art. But I'd make sure people fully think through their content strategy before going all in on shorts, and of course, always test before fully committing. It can do amazing things for your channel, but it could also throw people off.

Reactions: TheShihTzuFamily

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Yes, it will be a big thing because of the other social media trends style which is using short duration format and youtube dont want to lose their competition of course. But, I don't think it will take over longer videos, it depends on your types on contents I guess. And youtube have all kinds of different types of contents, from educational, arts, tips, to the weirdest things on youtube.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I posted a few, hmm... almost a year ago(?)... I have not quite figured out what I would do with them. Until YT figures out how to monetize them, I do not really see them going anywhere. For my channel I think they would fit well enough. I will keep my regular video schedule, and might use shorts as quick check-ins. Not sure yet, was not thrilled with them. But I would not watch vids on my phone, so I am obviously not the target demographic. (I have dual 27 inch monitors, why would I watch on a 6" screen?)

OP
OP
TheShihTzuFamily

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
I posted a few, hmm... almost a year ago(?)... I have not quite figured out what I would do with them. Until YT figures out how to monetize them, I do not really see them going anywhere. For my channel I think they would fit well enough. I will keep my regular video schedule, and might use shorts as quick check-ins. Not sure yet, was not thrilled with them. But I would not watch vids on my phone, so I am obviously not the target demographic. (I have dual 27 inch monitors, why would I watch on a 6" screen?)
70 percent of YouTube watch time comes from mobile devices. I believe they are working out monetize on YouTube shorts maybe at the end of year?

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I plan to start uploading more soon. I myself want to experiment with uploading 2-3 shorts a week. For already established channels, they might want to be careful, if your audience has been crafted to expect certain types of non short form content, throwing some short form content could throw them off "I didn't subscribe for this? I'm unsubscribing"

BUT for channels that already do tips, tutorials, facts, all sorts of things really, you can experiment with quick tip shorts, quick facts shorts etc. For artists especially I see shorts being amazing value so I'm not too concerned with mixing shorts in with my longer content, seems art is art. But I'd make sure people fully think through their content strategy before going all in on shorts, and of course, always test before fully committing. It can do amazing things for your channel, but it could also throw people off.
Yeah IΓÇÖve been thinking through the concept of using them as promos for long form but really, if a viewer canΓÇÖt get useful health information from me in 20-40sec, IΓÇÖm not making that short

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal
I have tried making a few shorts. I've gotten mixed results. For five weeks, I posted one short per week to accompany my long form content. My first short ended up on the shelf and racked up over 23K views overnight. Subsequent shorts did not do as well, racking up 2K or less views in the first week, more in line with what my other videos were getting.

For now, I have stopped producing shorts because I feel like the shorts will alienate my core audience--people who want to watch doll unboxings and reviews. If I find a great topic or theme for short form videos that is in line with what my channel is about, I may consider producing some.

aida archer

Yes of course. Considering the popularity of TikTok, Shorts may be a huge opportunity for both marketers and creators in the near future. You'd better start YouTube Shorts as soon as possible as it's in the early stage now. If you haven't gain access to it, enable it here.

Lavender

Subscriber Goal
once you have reached your video target view numbers. if your target is 10k per video then the next video is good to go