• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How to use tiktok and Instagram for YouTube promotion

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That's really tough. It is so hard to get viewers to jump ship to a different platform. Personally I don't have any faith in it; if I get some crossover traffic that is cool but I don't have any expectations. Makes it simpler for me to post to social media and other platforms, because I am not stressing about how many views or subs I get.

Basically I create content recycling my footage or using unused clips from our videos and I post those to social media and other platforms. It might not get me subscribers in bulk, but it does provide a fun experience for current subscribers to become more engrained in our content. That is the real value I see in these other platforms. Helps to turn fans into superfans.

Reactions: FreeBtcTap

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The way I see it YouTube should be the tree that leads to other branches of your content like Instagram and TikTok as opposed to using other social media sites to bring viewers to your YouTube channel. YouTube is a more robust site where viewers are more likely to be on and be willing to follow a creator whereas sites like TikTok tend to have dedicated viewers who like to stick to that platform because of its unique style they find more appealing.

Think of it like this. French fries are not as likely to get you to eat a burger (if you like burgers and fries that is) as a burger is to get you to eat fries with it.

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have had no luck with cross over traffic. It seems the user base for either platform are different and do not like to cross pollinate. But maybe someone has had luck