• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Upcoming tax changes for non US citizen question

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone,

** I am well aware that this is not official information and you may not be a tax advisor etc, etc **

This may have already been asked but I couldn't find it using the search bar, so please point me in the right direction if it has.

Like a lot of people, I had the email last week regarding the upcoming tax changes and I am currently filling out the information on my AdSense account. I've already watched the official video (and about 10 others) and I'm a little confused on question 6 and I'm hoping someone else who isn't in the US can steer me in the right direction.

Question 6 asks '' Has the individual or entity identified in the Tax identity section performed any activities and services for Google within US?'' I haven't physically worked in the US and I haven't filmed in the US, but Google (YouTube) is hosting/showing my videos which is a service/activity so should I click yes.

Basically, I just want to know what other non-US people ticked for this.

Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Kelcesuniquehair

Terorrblade

I've been in a similar scenario; however, we have a separate W-8BEN form for persons and legal organizations - the W-8BEN-E. In my situation, I have stated that my revenue is completely transparent. I relocated to the United States for an extended length of time, don't want to have any difficulties with the government.

Terorrblade

I've been in a similar scenario; however, we have a separate W-8BEN form for persons and legal organizations - the W-8BEN-E. In my situation, I have stated that my revenue is completely transparent. I relocated to the United States for an extended length of time, don't want to have any difficulties with the government. All of these tax requirements are difficult for me to comprehend. I hired a tax-preparation service to help me save money on taxes make pay stubs, and I only spent a few dozen dollars because it saved me time and money, and the site created a bill for me in seconds.

Terorrblade

I've been in a similar scenario; however, we have a separate W-8BEN form for persons and legal organizations - the W-8BEN-E. In my situation, I have stated that my revenue is completely transparent. I relocated to the United States for an extended length of time, don't want to have any difficulties with the government. All of these tax requirements are difficult for me to comprehend. I hired a tax-preparation service to help me save money on taxes make pay stubs, and I only spent a few dozen dollars because it saved me time and money, and the site created a bill for me in seconds.