• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Silly Question: How do I set up my new channel to get subscriptions?

Lew Patt

www.BleacherRats.com
Subscriber Goal
I have had YouTube for a while and decided to start broadcasting. My question is, when I post a video I don't see how to put the subscription block or the bell at the bottom of the video. What am I missing??? Thanks for your help!

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
So you mean your channel or videos doesn't have a subscriber button ? It's weird, because it's automatically already there.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
If you copy your channel URL and add ?sub_confirmation=1 to the end of it, then anyone who clicks that link with be taken to your channel with a confirmation as to whether they want to subscribe to your channel. This can be used in your description as well as on other websites, emails etc.

As for adding a subscription block at the bottom of the video I am not sure what exactly you are referring to... do you mean the graphics that people put in their video (called Lower Thirds and/or CTA's) or the icon in the bottom corner of the screen that allows people to subscribe? That is the 'video watermark,' and can be found in the YouTube Studio under Customiztion > Branding Tab.

OP
OP
Lew Patt

Lew Patt

www.BleacherRats.com
Subscriber Goal
If you copy your channel URL and add ?sub_confirmation=1 to the end of it, then anyone who clicks that link with be taken to your channel with a confirmation as to whether they want to subscribe to your channel. This can be used in your description as well as on other websites, emails etc.

As for adding a subscription block at the bottom of the video I am not sure what exactly you are referring to... do you mean the graphics that people put in their video (called Lower Thirds and/or CTA's) or the icon in the bottom corner of the screen that allows people to subscribe? That is the 'video watermark,' and can be found in the YouTube Studio under Customiztion > Branding Tab.
No, not the watermark. The button with the word "Subscribe" on it with the bell beside it. Thanks for your help. Maybe if you go to my channel you can see it?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
No, not the watermark. The button with the word "Subscribe" on it with the bell beside it. Thanks for your help. Maybe if you go to my channel you can see it?
If you mean, when you look at your own channel videos, and you don't see a subscribe button, that's because you're logged into your channel, so there's no reason to have a subscribe button for yourself on your own channel. View your channel in incognito mode, or just load it in a browser not signed in, and you'll see the subscribe button.

OR if you you mean in your channel BANNER, you want to add your subscribe code

UC0O9q0jHuBdahrCy4HomXqQ ?sub_confirmation=1 like this?
Just as you mentioned here. Into your about section.

subscribe link.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lew Patt

Lew Patt

www.BleacherRats.com
Subscriber Goal
If you mean, when you look at your own channel videos, and you don't see a subscribe button, that's because you're logged into your channel, so there's no reason to have a subscribe button for yourself on your own channel. View your channel in incognito mode, or just load it in a browser not signed in, and you'll see the subscribe button.

OR if you you mean in your channel BANNER, you want to add your subscribe code

Just as you mentioned here. Into your about section.

View attachment 9617
Thank you sir....there IS logic after all!!!!

Reactions: Beanie Draws