• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Information required about placing of new video on old video

Jatinder Singh

Hi Friends,

I have the following queries , please assist
1- Can i replace any old video with new video on same content without losing the views and watch time of the earlier video , if so , how ?
2- Or should i delete the old video , then upload the same from the beginning.
3- Or should i upload the new video ,without deleting the old one on same content /topic.
Any Alternate ?

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
1. No
2. Personally I wouldn't, a bad old video is still getting traction and is another way for viewers to find your content, better to just make an updated unique version (don't just do a copy-paste of the old video, make it different)
3. I think I answered this in #2

OP
OP
J

Jatinder Singh

1. No
2. Personally I wouldn't, a bad old video is still getting traction and is another way for viewers to find your content, better to just make an updated unique version (don't just do a copy-paste of the old video, make it different)
3. I think I answered this in #2

Thanks for the instant reply ,
If I upload the new video on the same topic with alterations und uniqueness , then should i go for the same title keywords or need some change on thumbnail and title both , will both videos will come on search list for somebody?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Friends,

I have the following queries , please assist
1- Can i replace any old video with new video on same content without losing the views and watch time of the earlier video , if so , how ?
2- Or should i delete the old video , then upload the same from the beginning.
3- Or should i upload the new video ,without deleting the old one on same content /topic.
Any Alternate ?

Andrew gave a great answer to this here https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/39011/

make an updated video on it if you can. THEN point back to the older video and use the both of them to lead to suggested traffic. Re-evaluating if the video is clear can help, but look at impressions and CTR those matter JUST AS MUCH if not MORE!