• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Anyone notice a drop in views recently?

VideoChannelIdeas

Just curious if anyone else has noticed a drop in views lately?

Wondering if so and if there could be a connection with the upcoming update to YouTube Shorts? Hmm...

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You might find this interesting and useful:
This. When you've been on YouTube for a number of years, you get used to the seasonality of view dropping.
Also, as countries ease up on lockdown as covid vaccines are spread out worldwide, people will be spending less time online, and more time doing what they weren't doing last year.
I actually saw a doubling of my regular audience once lockdown started and other world events that lead to people staying inside more.

When the world opens up and people go outside more, you'll probably notice less views as a result.

But outside of Covid, it's pretty normal to have seasonality drops from year to year as well.

OP
OP
V

VideoChannelIdeas

I have been doing this for years and I know about seasonality, but something strange has been going on in the last week. YT has been doing some tweaking or something. About a week ago, I saw a one day jump of 5000 views without any reason for it. It was like YT just gave them to me. But yesterday YT took those 5000 views back again. So something is going on. YT is definitely messing with the analytics. Who knows why.

I have a hunch it might be due to YT rolling out YouTube Shorts.