• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Youtube deleting thumbnail if they want to ?

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm sorry if this is look like promoting someone else channel / site, but it's interesting to me as a new small youtuber, so I had to share it. If it's violating the rules, mod can delete it.

So, I'm browsing in 9gag, and come up with this story of a guy whose his youtube video thumbnail removed by youtube because violating about sex things, but he explain to youtube that he just poking fun at a famous youtuber thumbnail with millions of views. He made the thumbnail with drawing. Here's the screenshot, so you'll know what his mean.

1.jpg

Then the person explain a litlle bit more detail about his appeal to youtube on the comment section of that post

2.jpg

So, if it's true, does the youtube only take sides with youtuber who only beneficial to them ? While they can do whatever they want with smaller channel who just got into youtuber stuff ? I'm curious. What's your take on this thing ? Especially if you're already partnered with youtube. Thanks.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I'm sorry if this is look like promoting someone else channel / site, but it's interesting to me as a new small youtuber, so I had to share it. If it's violating the rules, mod can delete it.

So, I'm browsing in 9gag, and come up with this story of a guy whose his youtube video thumbnail removed by youtube because violating about sex things, but he explain to youtube that he just poking fun at a famous youtuber thumbnail with millions of views. He made the thumbnail with drawing. Here's the screenshot, so you'll know what his mean.

View attachment 9593

Then the person explain a litlle bit more detail about his appeal to youtube on the comment section of that post

View attachment 9594

So, if it's true, does the youtube only take sides with youtuber who only beneficial to them ? While they can do whatever they want with smaller channel who just got into youtuber stuff ? I'm curious. What's your take on this thing ? Especially if you're already partnered with youtube. Thanks.
One of my favorite things I hear constantly is where people think that YouTube is specifically singling them out for some reason. Google is one of the best AI companies in existence, and created TensorFlow, one of the best platforms for machine learning in existence. As such, YouTube uses AI to do everything. 99% of the decisions have no human involved. In 99% of the appeals, they person looks at the specific video or channel being appealed and judges it on its merit alone. It is a binary - did this violate the rules or not?

The "but other people..." argument we see all the time and honestly quite often on this forum, is an "argumentum ad populum" logical fallacy. The person who posted this is wrong. Instead of taking responsibility for violating the rules they are attempting to act like this is about corporate greed.

Don't fall into this trap. It is stupid and won't help you as a creator.

OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thank you, I'm a bit afraid actually but I understand what you mean.

Also I just know that there are this thing on youtube. I'm like whaatt ??? I had to censored the image because it's too vulgar.

asdasddddddd.jpg

It's not just the thumbnail, it's the video itself contains nudity. I'm shocked !! I though youtube restrict this kind of video.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Remember who owns the platform and read the terms of service, they can change anything they want if they want to, and everyone who signs up for a channel is also held to the same terms of service, it's just no one bothers to read it.

Now I WILL say that it seems the bigger of a channel you are, the more leeway you, It took a whole week for YouTube to take a stance of Logan Paul and his forest video where as anyone else would have been given a strike or had their channel terminated right away, so there is a double standard.

As for complaining about the overly sexualised thumbnails, you may be preaching to the choir here, but there's nothing any of us can do. That's also why there's those three dots, those three dots next to a video title allows you to report the video if you think it doesn't comply with terms of service. Or report them to team youtube on twitter.

We can complain all we like, but complaining does nothing if you don't take action, and that's what the report button does.

Reactions: BraveStar
OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Remember who owns the platform and read the terms of service, they can change anything they want if they want to, and everyone who signs up for a channel is also held to the same terms of service, it's just no one bothers to read it.

Now I WILL say that it seems the bigger of a channel you are, the more leeway you, It took a whole week for YouTube to take a stance of Logan Paul and his forest video where as anyone else would have been given a strike or had their channel terminated right away, so there is a double standard.

As for complaining about the overly sexualised thumbnails, you may be preaching to the choir here, but there's nothing any of us can do. That's also why there's those three dots, those three dots next to a video title allows you to report the video if you think it doesn't comply with terms of service. Or report them to team youtube on twitter.

We can complain all we like, but complaining does nothing if you don't take action, and that's what the report button does.
I just went into TeamYoutube twitter, and yes, there are a lot of people reporting violating channel almost every hour.

I wonder, if there are less or even no viewers reporting a violating videos (whether via that report button or twitter), does that mean that those videos will still exist ? Also does that report button can be abused even if the video is not violating the rules ?

I used to join a sub4sub group years ago, and one of there rule is a bit "hardcore". They stating that a member who unsubscribe to their member's channel, all of the members on the group will be reporting their channel even if they're not violating the rules so their channel will get terminated, and yes it's happen, I saw it.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I just went into TeamYoutube twitter, and yes, there are a lot of people reporting violating channel almost every hour.

I wonder, if there are less or even no viewers reporting a violating videos (whether via that report button or twitter), does that mean that those videos will still exist ? Also does that report button can be abused even if the video is not violating the rules ?

I used to join a sub4sub group years ago, and one of there rule is a bit "hardcore". They stating that a member who unsubscribe to their member's channel, all of the members on the group will be reporting their channel even if they're not violating the rules so their channel will get terminated, and yes it's happen, I saw it.
The problem is that there is no way to appeal without revealing that you are in a sub4sub channel. If appealed, once YouTube investigates they are going to figure it out and likely ban everyone.

Again, people assume that gaming the system is OK because others are gaming the system and aren't getting caught. It doesn't make it right, especially given YouTube learns and will eventually catch up. We just went through a huge YouTube purge where the AI improved and caught a whole bunch of older channels violating the terms of service.

OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thankfully I'm not into that kind of things anymore, but one of my channel got suspended and later time terminated because of that.

Btw, I remember that purge thing, my subs (that channel who went terminated), decrease from 800+ to 150+ before youtube deleting that channel.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Channels like this nude yoga thing exist. There are many examples. But don't think that you should start going out and filming your downward dog out at the beach. As @SILTHW said these channels are passing through the YouTube AI but that doesn't mean they are going to stand. They will get reported, they will get deleted even if they are not actually breaking rules, and they will not win the fight for getting their channel back.

In fact; after searching for this channel it appears as though they have had their videos removed (also worth noting they designated themselves as 18+).

So, not a good example for what a creator wants to do. It obviously did not work for them.

OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
But don't think that you should start going out and filming your downward dog out at the beach.
I wont, LOL.

I just hoping that those channel wont exist anymore on youtube, or atleast it wont last long. I mean, there are tons of places for that stuffs. Just not on youtube.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I wont, LOL.

I just hoping that those channel wont exist anymore on youtube, or atleast it wont last long. I mean, there are tons of places for that stuffs. Just not on youtube.
They will. And they will continue to get deleted. This has been going on since day one for YouTube, it's nothing new. What you don't see (but happens) is that these guys actually send out emails and complain about how unfair it is. Honestly it may be unfair; sometimes these channels operate within the guidelines of YouTube's TOS. They still get cancelled.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I mean, let's be real, clickbait thumbnails of a sexual nature have always been a thing on YouTube. And people have always complained about it

They will. And they will continue to get deleted. This has been going on since day one for YouTube, it's nothing new.

They stating that a member who unsubscribe to their member's channel, all of the members on the group will be reporting their channel even if they're not violating the rules so their channel will get terminated, and yes it's happen, I saw it.

Well, if you the setting for channels you're publicly subscribed to, set to hidden, then they wouldn't know who you are and aren't subscribed to anyway. Secondly, prime example why those groups should be avoided at all costs. Thirdly, if you have evidence of them doing this, I'd be sending that evidence to @TeamYouTube as well. They may find THEIR channels get terminated instead.

OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Well, if you the setting for channels you're publicly subscribed to, set to hidden, then they wouldn't know who you are and aren't subscribed to anyway. Secondly, prime example why those groups should be avoided at all costs. Thirdly, if you have evidence of them doing this, I'd be sending that evidence to @TeamYouTube as well. They may find THEIR channels get terminated instead.
Not a problem now though, that channel already terminated by youtube. Btw, I just look it up at the group I used to join years ago, it doesn't exist anymore. But I do find another similar group on facebook.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Still there is still the other part of the OP's question, "does YT favour the bigger creators", I.E. give them more leeway, based on $$$, whether AI or Human reviewed is pretty much irrelevant, as if it's AI, "they" have added those parameters............ It's their platform and they can make and bend the rules however they see fit, but it would be very naieve to think that it's a level playing field in all aspects...........