• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice topics are determining my audience and views, but is it a good financial decision

jobluemann

TubeBuddy User
jobluemann.com
Subscriber Goal
I haven't bedded down a "niche" for my channel and still vary much play around with anything from politics to music. This has however changed my audience ages and geographic location. That in itself isn't my problem, I seem to have lost the 45 - 65 age group of American men as subscribers, by using music videos in an attempt to generate the required 4000 hours to get monitized. Is it a good idea to split the channel between more appropriate content for the various groups and do fewer videos per channel, or should I drop the monetization drive and just focus on the group I want when monetized

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I would just always advise you to make sure the content in your videos is yours or that you have permission to use it so when it comes time to monetize your channel, you won't get rejected because of "reused content". I am telling you this from my own experience because this happened to me. I'd also always tell you to focus on the type of content you enjoy uploading the most because when you do that there is less likely a chance that you will get burned out because of the type of content you been making.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
by using music videos in an attempt to generate the required 4000 hours to get monitized. Is it a good idea to split the channel between more appropriate content for the various groups and do fewer videos per channel, or should I drop the monetization drive and just focus on the group I want when monetized

I will say, be careful with using copyrighted content, even fair use clips seem to be a trigger for demonetisation. Also, youtube take your overall channel theme into consideration as to weather they will monetise it or not and if you have too much variety and not enough focus on one key group, it may cause them to not monetise your channel. So niching down to one specific focus I think is always beneficial.