• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to gain more subscriber and viewers?

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
How many are you at? How long have you been at it? I would suggest check out Nick Nimmin or Annie Dubei or Brian G All great sources for looking for more subs.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I gave someone else with a similar question this response and it's still as relevant now as it was back then

You want to take a look at your audience retention on your videos in the analytics section of each video. If there's a large drop off, it means that people aren't interested in watching your content to the end, and if they're not interested in watching your content to the end, they'll be even less likely to subscribe.

Instead of wondering why your subscribers aren't growing, I'd take a look at the quality of your content. People don't subscribe because of SEO, SEO simply brings your content to potential eyes, but once they watch the content, it's up to the audience weather they choose to come back for more, and if your content isn't causing people to want to come back, I'd be taking a look at your content to see what you could improve to make your videos more interesting. And of course, what value are you providing to convince people to come back?

Reactions: Sofie Sagacitas

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'll give you my honest thoughts on your question and I apologize ahead of time if I may offend you or anyone else but sometimes honesty is the best way to get others to understand reality. And just so you know it's one of the most common questions we get, so much so that if you look at the bottom of this page you'll see a bunch of posts similar to this one asking basically the same question. How do I get more people to subscribe and watch.

Well, let's start with your profile here. You don't have an avatar. (735) YouTube Ti (2).png To me, this is an indication that you are not serious about promoting your content because you won't even take the time to at least put an avatar on your profile on a website specifically designed to help you promote your brand by being active and interacting with others while learning new things.

Second, you haven't fixed your channel link.
(735) YouTube Ti (3).png
Many mods on here often let new members know in the Intro section how to fix this. It's a means to promote your channel every time you post on the forums. These little details help so you need to pay attention to the details. Here's how you fix that. https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/180/

Third, you only have 11 videos in a 10-month span on your channel. It's impressive you have over 300 subs with such few videos. Most YouTube gurus will tell you to upload at least 100 videos in one year before you concern yourself with views and subs. This goal helps YouTube's algorithm get a sense of what your channel is about and how you're adjusting your videos to improve views, clickthroughs and such. This helps YouTube decide if your content is worth sharing and who to share your videos to. The reality is the average YouTuber doesn't start seeing real growth until a couple of years and hundreds of videos. So basically subs and views should be the last of your concerns if you're not even close to at least 100 videos. You should be using this time to learn how to create content, how to edit it, how to create thumbnails, how SEO works, who's your audience, how to target your content to that audience and more and not worrying about getting subs and views to hit the YouTube Partner Program in order to get monetized which is really what you are likely trying to reach but will mean nothing if all you have is 1000 subs and not that many views. Remember, it takes hundreds of thousands of views to see any kind of profit from YouTube.

One last thing I recommend. TubeBuddy has a Feedback Friday event every week on Discord where Andrew does channel reviews randomly for our members. I highly recommend you check it out and make sure your profile on Discord has your YT channel linked. Your channel can use many changes that can also help it grow, like a channel banner, and Andrew is the best at giving you pointers as to what you need to change or add to your channel to make it more appealing to potential subscribers. There will be one today at 7:00 PM EST. Our Discord link is at the bottom of this page.

I know this is not what most YouTubers/creators don't want to hear but this is the reality of how YouTube works in 2021. There is no instant gratification, no overnight success, no secret recipe or no hack that can make your channel explode to stardom. It takes hard work, patience, belief in one's abilities, and seriousness to want to grow your channel.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: TheShihTzuFamily

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I will also add, you have 3 videos with really nice thumbnails, and not surprisingly, really nice view counts, but the rest of your videos are really inconsistent with the thumbnails, not to mention 2 family vlogs which don't appear to have much to do with the rest of your content, making your channel not subscribable in my opinion.

With the inconstancy of your thumbnails, plus the 2 vlog videos, without knowing anything else about your channel, people may see your channel as a re-uploading channel, even if it isn't, so they come to listen to 3 songs, but nothing else looks consistent so people come to enjoy the songs, then leave because there's nothing else that entices them to want to subscribe for the consistency, because there is no consistency.

You need to work on your packaging. They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but we all do. A channel that isn't presented as a consistant package, is going to be seen as a channel with some one hit wonders that isn't worth subscribing to. Focus on consistency in style, consistency in visual packaging, and consistency in regular content. I bet once you have 100 videos, instead of 11 videos, you'll see all your other numbers rise.

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
And fill out your ΓÇ£about sectionΓÇ¥. Also your only visible playlist is ΓÇ£need to watchΓÇ¥ which is rando kid videos and not even your own videos? And you have no banner image

there are some things to be tightened up, but you can do it