• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Increasing Click-through rate?

Dino93

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
After uploading my latest 2 videos, my impressions went from 692 to over 1k in 24hrs. The good thing is that my videos are obviously being shown to more people, but my click-through rate is abysmal! Are there any tips to help increase this? I recently updated my intro, outro & learned how to do better thumbnails. Any extra insight would be good.

analytics.png

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So what you're showing is your channel overall impressions and click through, but I generally don't tend to look to look at that because I find it too broad. I much prefer going by a video by video basis. But in a broad general sense, it would either be that your thumbnails are below average (and from a quick overall view of your channel, I can say your thumbnails aren't very enticing) so your impressions are showing YouTube IS serving out your videos, I can't speak to titles because I feel I have a lot to learn about titles myself, but it seems your videos are being served in search and suggested, but they're not winning the click, and that's more than likely because of poor thumbnails (which are a whole art in themselves to learn)

I don't really know enough about gaming thumbnails to provide any extra help there, but I'd study thumbnails of high performing videos and look at what they're doing visually, because it's not what you're doing, and my gut says that's why your click through rate is abysmal. Learn some graphic design principles (they take a while to master, just like I'm taking a while to learn video editing)

The intro to your videos would (to my understanding) would have very little to do with the click through rate, because someone has to CLICK THROUGH your thumbnail to even get to see the intro, so in this regard, someone searches a video (or it gets recommended) your thumbnail shows up (impressions), and based on the title and thumbnail, they decide if they want to click (click through rate) and some people will judge the potential quality of a video based on the thumbnail alone. If the thumbnail looks like it's made by someone who doesn't know how to make a thumbnails (most people starting youtube) the viewer will assume the video it'self is also low quality, and thus won't click.

So yeah, study thumbnail design best practices and overal graphic design. Improving thumbnails is one of the ingredients to improving click through rate.

Reactions: Dino93