• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Need Advice

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone, I need some advice that I'm having a hard time with... So when I originally started my channel it was a vlog channel that nobody watched lol, I did youtube as a video Diary for myself to see how much I have changed down the road and what's happening in life, but now I want to treat my channel more like a business and create videos for my audience and from the looks of it the vlogs were not getting any views.

After not doing vlogs I started doing a few comedy sketches that I would just randomly think of on my channel and had 1 video take-off with 100k views but it took off way later ...the video is 4 years old now and I never took advantage of doing a duplicate video on that because I randomly checked one day and it took off. I also am JUST NOW!!! starting to learn about analytics =( I wish I paid more attention to my analytics back when I first started my channel but I guess it's better now than later.

I like to look up reviews on youtube of stuff before I buy so I started doing unboxing videos which seem to be doing pretty well, I ended up leaving a job after 8 years where I wasn't allowed to have a beard and I started growing out my beard and doing videos on it and those are working pretty well to my surprise lol and I love Retro Games so I started doing retro games stuff..and kinda want to post more gaming videos I even changed my channel art to look more retro. My channel is all over the place now :weary_face:o_O

I separated my vlogs, unboxings, Retro games, and beard videos in a playlist to keep them organized... Should I just do a separate Beard channel,Retro game channel, and unboxing channel and delete all of my vlogs that got low views...I have had my channel for a while now and my subscribers seem to be going up more than before although I'm only at 1,420 subscribers which is not a lot it took me a while to get here and I got monetized in October 2020 an average of about $50 a month for now...Should I just make separate channels for the stuff I have on my channel or stick to what I am doing and keep them in the playlist.I enjoy making the videos I make but It would just suck to start from the beginning making a separate channel for each topic/niche :weary_face: I would appreciate everyone's advice you can be mean I can take it :grinning:

Last edited: