• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Subscriber Milestone Finally Reached 25,000 subscribers!

Debsterism

TubeBuddy Star
Took me a long time to go from 10K to 25K, but yesterday the magic finally happened! I've always thought great thumbnails, fabulous content, exciting guests, stimulating thought-provoking topics, and my amazing sense of humor would be enough to have the channel at 100,000 or more subscribers after 5 years and 600 videos to tell you the truth.

Not sure what the magic secret is to getting that kind of interest, but I hope to stumble upon it at some point soon. In the meantime I am thrilled that my second (10K was my first) goal for THE DEBSTERISM RELATIONSHIP ADVICE CHANNEL has finally been reached. Onward and upward!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, that's the thing. You do all the hard work, but no real guarantee of "success." I follow much the same philosophy as you. This is year seven for me, 750 videos, and I'm just now nearing 10k subs.

I know playing the race card is a dicey thing at least, but when you look at stats like your and mine, compare it to others with not even half the qualitative or quantitative content value yet they have orders of magnitude greater success, it makes you wonder. Does the color of my skin have something to do with the 'limited success' of my channel? I don't know. In the end, I really don't have an answer. The only thing we can all do is create more content.

Reactions: Debsterism
OP
OP
Debsterism

Debsterism

TubeBuddy Star
Yeah, that's the thing. You do all the hard work, but no real guarantee of "success." I follow much the same philosophy as you. This is year seven for me, 750 videos, and I'm just now nearing 10k subs.

I know playing the race card is a dicey thing at least, but when you look at stats like your and mine, compare it to others with not even half the qualitative or quantitative content value yet they have orders of magnitude greater success, it makes you wonder. Does the color of my skin have something to do with the 'limited success' of my channel? I don't know. In the end, I really don't have an answer. The only thing we can all do is create more content.

You know, at one point years ago YouTube hosted Latino, Black and Asian content creators in week long "schools" to get to the bottom of that very issue and train the minority markets in how to utilize the features for their particular demographic. I applied but didn't get it - as I recall they were going for a young market, not us old-heads. With that program being offered, to ME that meant YT is very aware of the impact of ethnicity on content producers and was considering how to make opportunities for marketing and promotion on the site more equitable in spite of a lower subscriber count. Not sure what they finally decided to do about it though.

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, they are aware. Given Susan's priority list for 2021, this gap still persists. Check item number 3.

Dandy Coward

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Wow,I wish I am you
Took me a long time to go from 10K to 25K, but yesterday the magic finally happened! I've always thought great thumbnails, fabulous content, exciting guests, stimulating thought-provoking topics, and my amazing sense of humor would be enough to have the channel at 100,000 or more subscribers after 5 years and 600 videos to tell you the truth.

Not sure what the magic secret is to getting that kind of interest, but I hope to stumble upon it at some point soon. In the meantime I am thrilled that my second (10K was my first) goal for THE DEBSTERISM RELATIONSHIP ADVICE CHANNEL has finally been reached. Onward and upward!

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal

Congratulations! That's something I am aspiring to. If you do stumble upon the magic secret, please share it with me. :laughing:

The Storm is coming

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I feel like it depends a lot of the type of niche you're in. In some niches you have a turning point where the compound effects starts to kick in.