• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How Long Before You Change A Thumbnail

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just curious about how long you should wait before you decide to change your thumbnail and title..Do you guys wait like a week or give it a few months. Just wondering because I've had videos that didn't do well in the beginning and now they randomly start getting views lol If videos don't take off from the start do you just let them sit and wait awhile or do you change it a little after a few days... What have your experiences been..Do you have a routine with your uploads or do you just upload and move on to the next.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'd wait at least a couple days and if my video is not doing well then I'd change it up

Reactions: Jeff Goober

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I usually let a thumbnail sit for at least a month, but generally I don't tend to check my ctr all that much. Maybe if my views are lower than normal I'll check to see if maybe my CTR is low. But because I'm an artist and always experimenting, I'm always playing around with thumbnails.

I do tend to always check every 3-6 months, and more than likely I want to change them up completely every year for an overall style change. I try treat my channel as an overall art gallery rather than a video by video basis.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I usually let a thumbnail sit for at least a month, but generally I don't tend to check my ctr all that much. Maybe if my views are lower than normal I'll check to see if maybe my CTR is low. But because I'm an artist and always experimenting, I'm always playing around with thumbnails.

I do tend to always check every 3-6 months, and more than likely I want to change them up completely every year for an overall style change. I try treat my channel as an overall art gallery rather than a video by video basis.
I like that...I should change all of my old thumbnails lol

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I like that...I should change all of my old thumbnails lol
Just make sure you check the CTR when you do that. Would suck if you changed the thumbnails of an established, successful thumbnail, only to change it for the sake of it looking newer, and for the CTR to actually drop as a result. I've done some tests where the CTR of a new thumbnails style actually dropped the overall CTR

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just make sure you check the CTR when you do that. Would suck if you changed the thumbnails of an established, successful thumbnail, only to change it for the sake of it looking newer, and for the CTR to actually drop as a result. I've done some tests where the CTR of a new thumbnails style actually dropped the overall CTR
Oh wow... yeah thanks for the tip

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Yly66

Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the tip

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Ive started updating a lot of ours recently. Originally all our thumbnails were just pictures of products but now as we have grown i have updated a lot of them to have more consistency and i think it has help a lot!