• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question Gear Box Hoarding - How Long Do You Keep Boxes?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Bit of an unconventional question, but I have a bunch of boxes sitting around gathering dust, but I can't always bring myself to throw them out, especially if it's for a nice mic or some nice gear. I almost treat them as a bit of a trophy for memories, but eventually they just end up taking space and it's probably time to part with them.

How long do you keep your gear boxes for before you throw them out? Do you always keep them? And how do you manage your boxes, and the overall safety of your gear so it's out of the way?

WonderMonkey

TubeBuddy Pro
Step 1 - Fill up shelves
Step 2 - Find boxes of things on the shelf that you no longer have or is several years old. Throw that box onto the floor, using Step 3. Fill shelf space with new box
Step 3 - Examine floor to see if new box would fit, then stack new box on top of existing boxes
Step 4 - Make critical decision and throw out a box that is for an item you are sure you won't need to return. Place new box in space cleared
Step 5 - Move any removed boxes to next box location, which is the garage
Step 6 - When you kick garage boxes too many times, throw it away, but do it slowly so you don't make a mistake in getting rid of it
Step 7 - Wish box well as it the trash guy puts it in his truck on Thursday
Step 8 - Go back to Step 1

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Step 1 - Fill up shelves
Step 2 - Find boxes of things on the shelf that you no longer have or is several years old. Throw that box onto the floor, using Step 3. Fill shelf space with new box
Step 3 - Examine floor to see if new box would fit, then stack new box on top of existing boxes
Step 4 - Make critical decision and throw out a box that is for an item you are sure you won't need to return. Place new box in space cleared
Step 5 - Move any removed boxes to next box location, which is the garage
Step 6 - When you kick garage boxes too many times, throw it away, but do it slowly so you don't make a mistake in getting rid of it
Step 7 - Wish box well as it the trash guy puts it in his truck on Thursday
Step 8 - Go back to Step 1
This person boxes!

WonderMonkey

TubeBuddy Pro
This person boxes!

I actually do!

48027342_10213965327788071_2084046392627560448_o.jpg

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
If I am going to sell it I'll keep the box. If I never plan on selling I will get rid of the box...or do you mean all the amazon boxes...hahah

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
If I am going to sell it I'll keep the box. If I never plan on selling I will get rid of the box...or do you mean all the amazon boxes...hahah
I'll tell you what it is for me. Until my last house, the longest I had lived in one place since I was 18yo was 3 years. And no packing box will ever secure something as well as the box it came in. I will have been in this house 5 years next month and will easily be here for another 7 years, so I really could throw them away...