• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What was you biggest fear, to start a YT channel

Sofie Sagacitas

Subscriber Goal
Hey guys

I'm gonna tell mine ;-) well i'm doing livestreams and my biggest fear was at the 1' live was
that no one would look at the livestream.

And to be honest i thouth no one will :scream: but it's nice to realize that you get views, even build some subscribers
After dealing with the 'darkest hour' in life give's You Tube back the hope i once had lost...

So i hope to hear from you guys why you started your channel and wat was your biggest fear :cool::imp:

xxx Sofie

Reactions: nate polmateer

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I would say my biggest fear is not having everything set perfectly. I am a bit of an A personality and like to have everything in place before starting. But I eas reminded over and over again to just press record and get better as you provide more content.

Reactions: Sofie Sagacitas

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys

I'm gonna tell mine ;-) well i'm doing livestreams and my biggest fear was at the 1' live was
that no one would look at the livestream.

And to be honest i thouth no one will :scream: but it's nice to realize that you get views, even build some subscribers
After dealing with the 'darkest hour' in life give's You Tube back the hope i once had lost...

So i hope to hear from you guys why you started your channel and wat was your biggest fear :cool::imp:

xxx Sofie
Agreed, biggest ΓÇ£fearΓÇ¥ was putting all the effort in and literally no one benefiting

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To be honest, live streaming brings a lot of fear to me. So getting my twitch channel going and streaming on YouTube going again, definitely the streaming side gets me a bit scared, just because I'm a very introverted person. When chatting online I can pick how I respond to people, but when talking live, you have to be really good at how you answer questions on the spot, and that always makes me nervous. I waffle and babble a lot so sometimes I fear I'm boring to listen to live :p

As for STARTING a channel. I never had any fear of starting one because it never bothered me if I got any attention or not lol! It's more the fact of having attention makes me more scared of doing something else because I don't like that much attention :p I like my art to stand on it's own without me needing to push it.

• Love

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
for me, I was more nervous about showing friends and family than strangers on the internet. - afraid of what people I actually know might think.

100% My fear as well. A lot of my friends are in the same line of work as me therefore I do not want to mix work professionalism with my personal hobby. Which is why I only have a handful of close friends who know about the channel. If I post on my FB and ask for subs, I think I will get few pity subs but they will not be into the content as much as people who actually searched for my stuff and subbed to get more out of my channel. But that is just me.

edit. my other fear is running out of content ideas.

• Love

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Didn't have any fears when I started my channel, just did it as a fun thing recording mine and some friends gaming adventures. Never had a thought about anyone but my friends that was in the videos would ever watch them. Nowadays I get a lot more views, 662k last year but still haven't found anything to be nervous about. Might be since I'm not on cam.

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Biggest fear? I suppose it's losing grasp on the artistic pleasure of a channel...in favor of working the discovery angle.