• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Estimated earnings disappeared suddenly

chemcode

Is this normal?
I had videos from 5 years ago when anyone was eligible for monetization. From those videos I have 600K+ all legit views and I had monetization for 1-2 years during that period (my channel currently does not have 1000 subs or 4000 hours watchtime - It did not have before too but I was still eligible back then).

Until 2-3 days ago my estimated earnings were still showing about 52$ (of which I have a pic).
All of a sudden now the estimated earnings are showing as " - " i.e. nothing. I realize these were estimated and not actually earned, but surely they are more than nothing?

Some notes:
-Only last week after 4-5 years I started uploading videos again
-I gave someone access as editor
-I changed my channel name 3-4 days ago.
[And then suddenly they are not there]

So did I lose my earnings?
Also, more importantly, can this happen again? should I start a new channel to avoid this.. or..?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is an interesting question.
Having looked at your channel, other than the last week, your channel has been inactive for 4 years. You need to publish content at least every 6 months to still be eligible for YPP, so if you're just noticing this now, it's quite possible your channel was removed from the YouTube Partner Program a while ago as it doesn't meet the 6 month threshold for new content.

If you had OVER 1000 subscribers, and it's dropped to 888. that means you've lost subscribers due to a YouTube purge where they clean up and close inactive or bot accounts. That would be why your subscriber count dropped, it happens to everyone, just some lose more than others. I've known people to lose 300 subscribers, and others have lost over 1000 from a single purge through no fault of their own. That's just the way it goes.

You need to make over $100 for a payout each month, so if it's showing $52 that means you didn't make enough money for a payout before they terminated your youtube partner program.

If you had under 1000 subs all this time, it would seem to me that the channel name change was what triggered YouTube's systems to notice your channel's stagnation, meaning you're now on their radar. You need to be publishing at least every 6 months.

You didn't "lose" your earnings, but until you make the $100 payout threshold , and you'll need to be back in the YouTube Partner Program to get your channel back into earning revenue (and you need more than 1000 subs to do that) so you can get your earnings back up above the payout threshold.

If you did have over 1000, this seems like a very rare case of bad luck.

And to answer your last question, it looks like your channel WAS a gaming channel, and after 4 years, you're changing it to a coding channel. It might be worth starting a new channel because my gut feeling tells me your channel history could prevent this channel from being accepted again, but take that with a grain of salt. personally I'd start fresh and stay consistent.

OP
OP
chemcode

chemcode

This is an interesting question.
Having looked at your channel, other than the last week, your channel has been inactive for 4 years. You need to publish content at least every 6 months to still be eligible for YPP, so if you're just noticing this now, it's quite possible your channel was removed from the YouTube Partner Program a while ago as it doesn't meet the 6 month threshold for new content.

If you had OVER 1000 subscribers, and it's dropped to 888. that means you've lost subscribers due to a YouTube purge where they clean up and close inactive or bot accounts. That would be why your subscriber count dropped, it happens to everyone, just some lose more than others. I've known people to lose 300 subscribers, and others have lost over 1000 from a single purge through no fault of their own. That's just the way it goes.

You need to make over $100 for a payout each month, so if it's showing $52 that means you didn't make enough money for a payout before they terminated your youtube partner program.

If you had under 1000 subs all this time, it would seem to me that the channel name change was what triggered YouTube's systems to notice your channel's stagnation, meaning you're now on their radar. You need to be publishing at least every 6 months.

You didn't "lose" your earnings, but until you make the $100 payout threshold , and you'll need to be back in the YouTube Partner Program to get your channel back into earning revenue (and you need more than 1000 subs to do that) so you can get your earnings back up above the payout threshold.

If you did have over 1000, this seems like a very rare case of bad luck.

And to answer your last question, it looks like your channel WAS a gaming channel, and after 4 years, you're changing it to a coding channel. It might be worth starting a new channel because my gut feeling tells me your channel history could prevent this channel from being accepted again, but take that with a grain of salt. personally I'd start fresh and stay consistent.
I never had 1000 subscribers, although I remained in like 950+ most of the times. According to Youtube statistics, my total subscribers are about 1350 though, and I have lost about 380 subscribers. So I guess at that time I was gaining some, losing some, so I always stayed in less than 1000 range.

I just checked my Google Adsense account - thankfully the revenue is there. So I could still get a payout as long as I get over $100 - which could be from this account, or any other Youtube account I make as I could simply link the account to that Adsense - that works, right?

The reason I wanted to not make a separate new channel for coding/teaching was that my previous account already had a little traffic - 300 hours watch time for 12 months, and 888 followers.
I think the watch time to 4000 hours per 12 months is still achievable with many new videos but the 1000 followers is a difficult task if started anew. And I don't intend on ever making gaming videos again so the traffic there or the subscribers there would become totally useless.

Here is how it looked before-
156196191_703721330318195_2438081005150459415_n.jpg

vs how it looks now:
1615474690512.png

So this isn't normal? are Youtube revenues supposed to be always there? even if they are transferred to the Adsense account?

I do want to start as fresh on the new account but I'm afraid it would take me about 2 years to get to a thousand subs and then I would monetize, but here I could monetize in about 1 year as the requirement is just 120 followers and 4000 watch hours.

if, I do start as new, it would be okay to link the account to my Adsense right? or I need to avoid that too?