• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help YouTube cutting views because I can't upload a video once a week

Xarty

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Lately I've been quite busy with personal stuff or work, that's I couldn't always record and upload video on my channel, so there were a few max 2 weeks long break on my channel.
Unfortunately after most of them I noticed that YouTube cut my views everytime.
Once I had 500 views on videos, after the break I had only a bit over 200.
Next break was a few months later - now after it I barely get over 100 views on a video.
And I have 2000 subs, so that these number drops are horrible in my opinion.
I don't know what to do to get my views back, I already had them low because of wearing a mask on videos and "sounding like a child", even though I'm a 20yo woman.
(I'm talking about a different channel, not the one that's linked to TB account here)
In a few months I'm finishing my school and then I'll have to decide whether I wanna continue running the channel or get a full-time job and start with a new one.

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's really just getting back in the groove - keep in mind the view dips may partially be because of inconsistency, but it could also be the video topics/interest. I would suggest, if possible, trying to bath film/edit so you have content on the shelf for those rainy days you aren't able to fil and get a vid up

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, you just have to get back on it. Anytime you take a break it takes a bit for get back to where you were before. Often times you will go beyond where you were before. You have to think long term. 150 videos from now, those little dips in views won't matter.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Taking a break can be scary. You put all that work into a channel and it can be stressful. And then you take a break and you see everything just crumble. You wonder what you are going to have to do simply to return to where you were at before your break, let alone continue to grow.

We all go through this and honestly it is a good thing to go through. You were operating at maximum efficiency before, so it stands to reason that anything less than maximum efficiency is going to perform less right? So a dip is to be expected. You have to plan that this will happen, be mentally prepared for it and understand that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

For starters you picked the perfect time to take a break. January and February are two of the worst months for views on YouTube in general. For business in general, honestly. Think about it; everybody just got done with the holidays. They spent all this time with family, they spent all their money and ate a whole lot of food in the process. January roles around and people start up with their resolutions. School is back in session. People have a lot less free time in January and February, so they are spending less time watching videos. This will come back slowly and by May we will be returning to the big numbers we all enjoy seeing.

So if you are going to kickstart your channel after a break you couldn't have picked a better time to do so.

Here's what I do. Take a look at your analytics for February 2021 and compare them to your analytics for February 2020. How are you performing against yourself for this same time last year? I bet that despite your downturn you are doing better. That's growth, despite taking time off.

And if you are not performing better then I have a solution for that as well. Take some time to gather a handful of good video ideas; really put some good stuff together. Make a plan to double-down on your content for a month. Come up with a fun little short-video idea that you can put out as additional content weekly for six weeks. This will double early impressions of your content and is a heck of a way to kickstart your channel again after taking a little time off.

Reactions: Damon