• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Is advertising a good idea?

Sofie Sagacitas

Subscriber Goal
Is advertising a good idea with a small budget?
I did some advertising for a certain video with a budget of 2 euro a day on Google ads
Is this stupid with such a small amount o_O

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Advertising is a great idea. You'll have to invest a lot of time and effort into getting it right, and finding the right channel...but it works...and you'll have try different channels. I've had a good bit of success w Facebook lately. A smart ad campaign strategy coupled with diligent TubeBuddy work will amplify your channel.

• Wow
Reactions: Sofie Sagacitas
OP
OP
Sofie Sagacitas

Sofie Sagacitas

Subscriber Goal
Advertising is a great idea. You'll have to invest a lot of time and effort into getting it right, and finding the right channel...but it works...and you'll have try different channels. I've had a good bit of success w Facebook lately. A smart ad campaign strategy coupled with diligent TubeBuddy work will amplify your channel.
Thanks for your insight :cool:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I do not agree with advertising... here's why:

YouTube is a search engine and it is the second largest search engine in the world (and owned by the biggest). YouTube not only allows you to put your content on this search engine but it actively uses the search engine to find an audience that is specifically looking for what it is that you do.

So why pay for an inferior product that is going to give less meaningful results?

Rather than pay for this subpar service invest your time, money and resources into the things that are going to help your videos perform on YouTube. Research keywords, optimize for Search Engine and master best practices. It's free and it s going to go a LOT further than any... ANY ad campaign.

Pete A Turner

Known Member
I do not agree with advertising... here's why:

YouTube is a search engine and it is the second largest search engine in the world (and owned by the biggest). YouTube not only allows you to put your content on this search engine but it actively uses the search engine to find an audience that is specifically looking for what it is that you do.

So why pay for an inferior product that is going to give less meaningful results?

Rather than pay for this subpar service invest your time, money and resources into the things that are going to help your videos perform on YouTube. Research keywords, optimize for Search Engine and master best practices. It's free and it s going to go a LOT further than any... ANY ad campaign.
Stanley, There's a good conversation to have on advertising. I've been partnering with authors and specific guests that I have on my show. My basic pitch is, send me $100 and I'll create an ad, based on the episode that we do. When I create the ad, I use my YouTube link. I usually run the ad for 4-6 days...currently I run the ads on Facebook, but I've also had success on Bing. BTW the guests are trying to solve the discoverability problem too...so they are willing, and often excited to invest 100 dollars to collaborate on an ad-actually they prefer it over being asked to share the episode. Once that ad runs...that video ALWAYS outperforms whatever SEO/TAGs strategy I employ. Another aspect of what helps is the targeting available on FB.

I wouldn't suggest that an ad campaign is an inferior product-ads can work and are worth our time. It's not a free ride, but I can attest...a good YouTube strategy through TubeBuddy will absolutely elevate the floor of what the show does...but the ads amplify both the floor and peaks for an episode.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Stanley, There's a good conversation to have on advertising. I've been partnering with authors and specific guests that I have on my show. My basic pitch is, send me $100 and I'll create an ad, based on the episode that we do. When I create the ad, I use my YouTube link. I usually run the ad for 4-6 days...currently I run the ads on Facebook, but I've also had success on Bing. BTW the guests are trying to solve the discoverability problem too...so they are willing, and often excited to invest 100 dollars to collaborate on an ad-actually they prefer it over being asked to share the episode. Once that ad runs...that video ALWAYS outperforms whatever SEO/TAGs strategy I employ. Another aspect of what helps is the targeting available on FB.

I wouldn't suggest that an ad campaign is an inferior product-ads can work and are worth our time. It's not a free ride, but I can attest...a good YouTube strategy through TubeBuddy will absolutely elevate the floor of what the show does...but the ads amplify both the floor and peaks for an episode.
What you are proposing is far different than anything I've come across. I'm referring to the basic Facebook and YouTube ads that everyone always asks about. If you have some experience and can get in front of a targeted audience then this is a different conversation... but I will be honest I question your ability to beat out a solid SEO strategy. Makes me curious about taking you up on that offer just to see what you are talking about.

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Here's an example. I just published a short from a previous interview I did with Dexter Holland from the Offspring. It's out today...and it will for sure get played quite a bit. Dexter and the Offspring draw lots of attention. However, 100 dollars put behind my recent interview with The Cold Stares pushed it to perform well past what it was doing before the ad. It'll likely outperform the Offspring video in their first month.
Whatever benefit that's garnered from SEO/Tags is amplified by an effective ad strategy. Ads aren't perfect...but failing to develop a balanced quality approach between a variety of PR/Marketing means missing out on major aspects of the equation.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I personally think its better to just focus on your content and its quality - and you will see growth :)