• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help I am focused on analytics and good content but things are going slow...

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I am focused on analytics and creating good content but things are going slow...
I spend a lot of time researching and studying Youtube using a lot of great resources out there but we are seeing slow growth. I don't focus on subscriber numbers but it can be frustrating when you work so hard to optimise your content and do not see much change. I've only really seen positive change in our impressions and CTR. Any one care to share any pointers?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm wondering if the word "vlog" isn't part of the issue here. None of your videos look very vloggy from a thumbnail or topic standpoint. It looks like they're all focused towards beauty reviews, so maybe you're marketing yourself the wrong way in terms of branding?

I also wonder how popular the items you talk about actually are, or are they generic items for the sake of getting 100 videos out? I know everyone focuses on the importance of having 100 videos, but I often wonder if people focus too much on getting filler content just for the sake of having videos out. I also wonder how much pre-planning and research you do into your products you review? For example, in phots, the oppo a73 is a pretty low budget entry level phone that not many people are searching for, so if you were to do a video on that, you might not get as many people interested in watching it except those who actually want to know if that specific phone is any good.

On my side, I didn't do any research into weather people actually cared about creating hybrid dinosaurs. I just drew them and hopes people would like them, but at the end of the day they didn't perform well, because people simply aren't that interested and aren't actively looking on how to draw a hybrid dinosaur. Super niche which means no amount of SEO or amazing CTR is going to really get much growth if it's a topic not really searched for.

You have to research your niche for trending topics because topics are super important I've found.

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
I am focused on analytics and creating good content but things are going slow...
I spend a lot of time researching and studying Youtube using a lot of great resources out there but we are seeing slow growth. I don't focus on subscriber numbers but it can be frustrating when you work so hard to optimise your content and do not see much change. I've only really seen positive change in our impressions and CTR. Any one care to share any pointers?
Well try to cut back on uploading video you not giving your viewer a chance to watch your video!!! maybe once a week upload!? the next thing double down what working for your channel like what video have the most view and remember only thing to help your channel to grow right now is the YouTube search and most people who use YouTube search is look for a solution to there problem!

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog
OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I'm wondering if the word "vlog" isn't part of the issue here. None of your videos look very vloggy from a thumbnail or topic standpoint. It looks like they're all focused towards beauty reviews, so maybe you're marketing yourself the wrong way in terms of branding?

I also wonder how popular the items you talk about actually are, or are they generic items for the sake of getting 100 videos out? I know everyone focuses on the importance of having 100 videos, but I often wonder if people focus too much on getting filler content just for the sake of having videos out. I also wonder how much pre-planning and research you do into your products you review? For example, in phots, the oppo a73 is a pretty low budget entry level phone that not many people are searching for, so if you were to do a video on that, you might not get as many people interested in watching it except those who actually want to know if that specific phone is any good.

On my side, I didn't do any research into weather people actually cared about creating hybrid dinosaurs. I just drew them and hopes people would like them, but at the end of the day they didn't perform well, because people simply aren't that interested and aren't actively looking on how to draw a hybrid dinosaur. Super niche which means no amount of SEO or amazing CTR is going to really get much growth if it's a topic not really searched for.

You have to research your niche for trending topics because topics are super important I've found.

Hey Beanie! Surprisingly the name hasn't ever really caused a problem for us. This year that analytics have come into the picture more as we have realized the importance of understanding them. We have worked out from video performance what is performing well and isn't and we have ditched a lot of ideas that had low ctr and retention. Videos that had low view counts. A lot of our content is subscription boxes and in our field, it is really hit and miss because it is a saturated market, however, we have found some that no one else has really done so we have focused on them. Some of these have got us a lot of views. We dialled back the length of our videos to be between 15 - 20 minutes and that has massively increased engagement on a lot of our content. Because there are a lot of subscription boxes out there our competition is high so it can be difficult. We have however moved away from the ones that loads of people do and found a few niches. We have wall charts and things all over our walls planning ideas etc so we are well organised

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Well try to cut back on uploading video you not giving your viewer a chance to watch your video!!! maybe once a week upload!? the next thing double down what working for your channel like what video have the most view and remember only thing to help your channel to grow right now is the YouTube search and most people who use YouTube search is look for a solution to there problem!
Most of our traffic comes from youtube search and the amount of content we are putting out can be hit or miss. There our yotubers in our field that put stuff out daily and to me thats way too much

Pete A Turner

Known Member
I watched a bit of your content. I have a few production notes for you. 1. Improve your audio. A lav mic in your case seems like a reasonable upgrade. 2. Tighten up your script and delivery. If you're not already, you should be tearing apart your words, presentation, audio on every video until you can recognize instantly what needs improving. There's a LOT of work here in general for all YouTubers. I suggest comparing not only your expertise, which is obvious, but the level of energy, use of expression, quality of the delivery... 3. You should tigten up some of your shots. If you're showing make application, getting in on a close up would, I think help, also look at your shot as real estate...if you've got unused space, figure out what to do with it. Pics? Graphics? Or zoom in a bit. 4. Specficially for you, connect with your person...is it a joke? Do you look straight into the camera and grab them? Maybe you reveal a bit of yourself. Knowledge isn't enough...focus on connecting each episode with the you on the other side of the screen.

These are straightforward elements that if you incrementally improved...you'd have quite a bit to do as your channel continues to gain traction. Also, I think your thumbnails are fantastic-you're inspiring me to improve mine

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for your feedback. We recently upgraded our microphone to a Rode Video Mic Go to go on top of our Canon M50.As i come from a music background straight away I knew this would be a worthy purchase. Our last microphone was on the phone we use to record on! In terms of shots, we have started doing simple zooms in and out on our most recent videos. This is only present literally in our last 2 or three vids. Some of our videos with Artur had more going on but we have been experimenting with various things and some of it was too much. There is a lot of experimentation with this kind of thing throughout the channel's content but I have been focused more recently on upgrading the quality of shots. Paulina is Polish so with her presentation she is continuously working on things and recently she adopted slowing her pace to tackle this. But because of the language barrier, she has told me she struggles with finding words sometimes so that will be something that will run. She has great videos and sometimes ones where she struggles.

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Thanks for your feedback. We recently upgraded our microphone to a Rode Video Mic Go to go on top of our Canon M50.As i come from a music background straight away I knew this would be a worthy purchase. Our last microphone was on the phone we use to record on! In terms of shots, we have started doing simple zooms in and out on our most recent videos. This is only present literally in our last 2 or three vids. Some of our videos with Artur had more going on but we have been experimenting with various things and some of it was too much. There is a lot of experimentation with this kind of thing throughout the channel's content but I have been focused more recently on upgrading the quality of shots. Paulina is Polish so with her presentation she is continuously working on things and recently she adopted slowing her pace to tackle this. But because of the language barrier, she has told me she struggles with finding words sometimes so that will be something that will run. She has great videos and sometimes ones where she struggles.
Shoot me a link or tell me the title of a video with the new mic...I'd love to listen to it for you.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

Pete A Turner

Known Member
First, I like it...your videos are fun. You'll get better and better...Just keep working on what works for you...
Second, the audio still needs improvement. The mic is too far from you two...if you don't plan to improve the audio quality of what you record...and you probably should...then you have to get better audio quality from the start. Please, please, please run compression, normalize and EQ your audio. Let me say this in another way. Improve your mix when you record. Make it as close to a 10 as you are able. If it's good enough when you record...then you don't need to mess with it in post.
Third, I don't know that YouTube channel improvement videos serve your mission. It's one thing if you've established your channel as a thought leader in this category...the two of you are entertaining riffing...I think you should focus there...If you need to include YouTube tips...do it within the video.

Keep going. Don't stop