• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How long it takes for the automatic subtitles to appear?

Varjopihlaja

Subscriber Goal
Or does that always differ? I've usually gotten them pretty quick so I've had time to fix them before the video is scheduled and posted but today it's already been quite long and I still don't see them..
Would prefer to have them since my English is not the best and I personally always like having subs on!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It is my understanding that the automatic captions are part of the processing portion of uploading the video. So as soon as the video is done processing they should be available. I have no idea why you wouldn't have access to them, I've never seen that.

Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Once in a while they will glitch out. I've hade one or 2 videos where the captions didn't auto generate to fix. Slightly annoying, but there will always be glitches in the matrix occasionally. You could always just reset the browser or reset the computer to see if they come back up properly, if you haven't already tried that method.

OP
OP
Varjopihlaja

Varjopihlaja

Subscriber Goal
It is my understanding that the automatic captions are part of the processing portion of uploading the video. So as soon as the video is done processing they should be available. I have no idea why you wouldn't have access to them, I've never seen that.
Been 24h and I still don't have them All of my old vids do have them, and they came in max few hours...

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Been 24h and I still don't have them All of my old vids do have them, and they came in max few hours...
If you've resetted/resetted the browsers/cleared your cache and cookies (which YouTube generally suggests you do if something like this happens) and that doesn't solve the issues, it sounds like you'll just have to manually type them in and chalk it down to being a glitch that happens occasionally. See if the same happens to your next video, but my guess is this is just a one off occurrence unfortunately.