• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other is it Facebook or something else ?

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
So, today I try to login into my old fb account, not my personal account, it doesn't have anything in it. But fb decided to locked it because of security measurement. So, I try to unlocking it, and then fb requires something to make sure that it is me who is trying to login. But the requirement is a bit personal, take a look at the screenshot.

Untitled.jpg

I feel like I'm going to register to become a CIA officer rather than login in to facebook lol. I just close it, no need to worry about having to know if it is me who are trying to login or not, you can have my account facebook!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
This is Yet Another of the many reasons I do everything possible to avoid Facebook. And it sucks because be extension I have to avoid Instagram and WhatsApp. I lived through the anti-trust years at Microsoft and I really hope that Facebook gets to live through the joy of an antitrust probe.

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
So, today I try to login into my old fb account, not my personal account, it doesn't have anything in it. But fb decided to locked it because of security measurement. So, I try to unlocking it, and then fb requires something to make sure that it is me who is trying to login. But the requirement is a bit personal, take a look at the screenshot.
I feel like I'm going to register to become a CIA officer rather than login in to facebook lol. I just close it, no need to worry about having to know if it is me who are trying to login or not, you can have my account facebook!

Yup Facebook is one of the only accounts that requires you to use your full legal name. And if you work for another company or something, you must tie your personal account to your development profile for those employers/customers. No ability to sandbox personal and business relationships. They truly desire to collect a comprehensive map of all human relationships and details about their lives.

I have a facebook account, but I don't post at all (let alone personal information or anything).

P.S. I started BensTechLab and signed up for every social media handle I could think of, just to "reserve the name". The BensTechLab Facebook performs horribly, like 2 non-engaging visits per week. Much better to use twitter or LinkedIn, at least for "tech". Might be different in other niches. Facebook is almost a waste of time.

OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You guys are correct. This is why for years I rarely post anything on facebook even just a photo of me, friends or relative. FB just dont know the definition of privacy.