• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Posting at a specific hour, does that matter?

Hi,

I post my videos regularly on Thursdays and Sundays to stay consistent, but I wonder if sticking to a specific hour to post matters as well? It would be great to know your opinion or experience with that.

Thank you!

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
There's actually data on analytic showing when your viewers are active on youtube, but still not showing for me yet, dont know when it'll started to show

Untitled.jpg

Also, I don't know yet if you uploading on specific time could improve your statistic, I'd like to know too, maybe someone here knows better about this.

Reactions: Anton and Sinan
OP
OP
Anton and Sinan
There's actually data on analytic showing when your viewers are active on youtube, but still not showing for me yet, dont know when it'll started to show

View attachment 9448

Also, I don't know yet if you uploading on specific time could improve your statistic, I'd like to know too, maybe someone here knows better about this.

Yes, I am aware of that section, but I do not have enough data to show it yet. I am interested to know if people follow a specific hour tactic or just a day. Let's hope someone provides feedback :)

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
The best time to upload your video is different for each user, depending upon the location
and targeted audience. To find the best time, you need to look at your daily video views. It
will help in finding daily peaks and lows when people are viewing your content.

OP
OP
Anton and Sinan
The best time to upload your video is different for each user, depending upon the location
and targeted audience. To find the best time, you need to look at your daily video views. It
will help in finding daily peaks and lows when people are viewing your content.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, exactly, my question is, do people stick to the specific hour every time they upload or do they just make sure to upload on the same day?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Long term, no not really, but short term out of the gate, it definitely helps generate an expectation, so if your audience KNOWS they can expect a video on monday at 5pm when they finish work, or you always have a video coming out on saturday at 1pm... that means your core audience will know to be there at that time. That way even if push notifications don't make it to phones or emails, you'll still have people who KNOW to be there at that time, and that definitely helps push a video out for the first 24 hours.

I really need to remember this, because strategically, it should help long term performance when you have strong short term out of the gate view count because your core audience was there to give the video it's first hour view count.

Case in point, TubeBuddy streams at a set time each Wednesday. For me because I live in Australia, that stream is 4am thursday, so I always know to be there at 4am thursday.

OP
OP
Anton and Sinan
Long term, no not really, but short term out of the gate, it definitely helps generate an expectation, so if your audience KNOWS they can expect a video on monday at 5pm when they finish work, or you always have a video coming out on saturday at 1pm... that means your core audience will know to be there at that time. That way even if push notifications don't make it to phones or emails, you'll still have people who KNOW to be there at that time, and that definitely helps push a video out for the first 24 hours.

I really need to remember this, because strategically, it should help long term performance when you have strong short term out of the gate view count because your core audience was there to give the video it's first hour view count.

Case in point, TubeBuddy streams at a set time each Wednesday. For me because I live in Australia, that stream is 4am thursday, so I always know to be there at 4am thursday.
Thank you for the reply. I noticed we get more traffic in the evening on the days we publish. Will stick to the same time then.

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
I don't think it matter! If your video is great with SEO optimization the view just keep coming in!! Of course a great thumbnail help the most!!!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Not really. Matters a little more for livestreams, but for videos the longterm effects of various publish times are meaningless. You may see a variance between the amount of views you get within that first 72 hours or so... but YouTube is looking more at watchtime/CTR analytics to gauge the value of that video. They don't care whether that first hour garnered 80 views or 100 views so long as the views you got gained better watchtime than the competition.

HowIDoThingsDIY

I'm trying to get on a regular posting schedule and I need to figure out when my audience is watching as well. I think it's best to post your video a few hours before "prime time".

Reactions: mymidlifedoover

mymidlifedoover

Typically, at minimum, 50 uploads before you can get a fair assessment of when your niche audience is watching. Keep an eye on those analytics! Eventually you will have enough data to determine this. Get to know who your primary audience is and where they are watching from. Then you can schedule your posts to the time of your choosing.

mymidlifedoover

I'm trying to get on a regular posting schedule and I need to figure out when my audience is watching as well. I think it's best to post your video a few hours before "prime time".
I totally agree with you! This is a key element to making sure it doesn't get lost with the influx of videos being posted.