• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Declined monetisation

Gabriela Libanio

The information YT gave me, about declined monetisation, was:

Misleading metadata
Using too many keywords on your content, such as video description, tags, or title.

Any ideas? Please let me know.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In your circumstance, it could be your recopies are laid out in a very keywords looking way, and I believe the first stage of YPP review is automated, but then if it's flagged as looking automated (such as tags laid out in a tag like manner, which unfortunately recipes are) they will either get further reviewed, or rejected. Similar view counts in a very consistent manner also looks suspicious. This is something I'm looking into because there are some channels with repeated view counts that otherwise look like they were purchased. A few have complained about their views looking like this indicating that might not be a view botting issue.

If you haven't been sub trading or view trading, then it would be your recipes being listed out in dot point, very tag like manners, so be careful with how you structure your descriptions. Or better yet, have your recipe at the start of the video rather than your description..
You're allowed to reapply after 30 days.

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
then it would be your recipes being listed out in dot point, very tag like manners, so be careful with how you structure your descriptions.
I'm interested in this, could you give me some example of this ?, never knew about this. Especially the "very tag like manners" in the description. Thank you.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I'm interested in this, could you give me some example of this ?, never knew about this. Especially the "very tag like manners" in the description. Thank you.
Naturally including your tags in the description is better than quoting a bunch of tags in the description. Let's say I have two tags - "tasty soy-free recipes" and "no-soy recipes".

If any part of my description looks like this:
Tasty soy-free recipes, no-soy recipes, tasty no-soy recipes, no-soy, soy-free, family favorites, best no-soy recipe

It comes across as keyword stuffing.

The better alternative would be something like this:
I know many people are looking for soy-free or no-soy recipes that are tasty and easy to make. I'm going to share a no-soy recipe that has become my all-time family favorite. This is my go-to recipe every time someone complains that they can't find a tasty soy-free recipe that the whole family enjoys.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So everyone says not to tag stuff your descriptions, and this has been especially relevant lately with community posts where there was an "Exploit" that stuffing irrelevant keyword into your post, would make it more discoverable, discoverable yes, but irrelevant keywords to your video or post is keyword stuffing. If you never mention PewDiePie in your content, don't put PewDiePie as a keyword.

Now the way some keywords are actually read vary on some websites, and I've seen some merchandise websites simply seperating their tags with a comma, like, this,. The computers read those as tags, and thus make those searchable.

If, You, Post, Your, Ingredients, Like, This, Too, Often, In, Your, Description, that's seen as tag stuffing, which is against their guidelines.

The the area I'm noticing this getting tricky is with ingredients. If you list them something like this
Apples,
Sugar,
Flower,

Etc, this can be misinterpreted as intentionally stuffing your description with tags, even if it's not intended that way. It seems the way you list things out, you really need to be careful of.

Also, war and similar topics are not advertiser friendly according to YouTube's community guidelines, so mentioning war related words like "Battle" "verses" etc, could sometimes get your video flagged and demonetised. I had a dinosaur battle video, it got demonetised because I used the words "battle", it fixed itself up not long after, but the artificial intelligence without the context, still made the error.

I believe, listing, ingredient, in, the, wrong, way
or.
the,
wrong.
way,
Will trigger a video to be not monetizable and breaking terms of service for keyword stuffing, when it wasn't actually intended that way.

As MatPat from gametheory says... "but that's just a theory".... a beanie theory.

(edit - SILTHW said the same thing at the same time lol, great minds think alike :p )

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thank you @Beanie Draws and @SILTHW . I'm worried that I'm doing it wrong on the description since I always put the tags in the description. Fortunately I'm doing it exactly just like SILTH's better alternative description.

Reactions: Gabriela Libanio

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
To what Beanie and Silthw said tag stuffing is ALSO against TOS, and it's NOT a recommendation from us at TB. Don't do it. Naturally include them is the best policy.

Sorry this happened OP. Please keep us posted.

OP
OP
Gabriela Libanio

Gabriela Libanio

I understand but if the title is gluten-free bread recipe for bread machine, what am I supposed to call the video?
I am worried as I am not too creative in terms of language and rephrasing. Is it better to delete all descriptions?
What would you do?