• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Has anyone every used Google Ads?

Brewman06

Subscriber Goal
Anyone every paid for this and would viewers be able to tell I paid for it if I choose to do it?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I used Google ads once. Paid $800 for a few ads for a month. I gained 35 new subscribers to my old Web site. Totally not worth it for me.

OP
OP
Brewman06

Brewman06

Subscriber Goal
Thanks Damon.

Do you know what the minimum spend is? (I may test it)

And would viewers be able to see that I have paid to promote my video?

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
To be honest I donΓÇÖt use either to promote my Youtube Channel. There are numerous free methods
that can help you in promoting your channel. However, Google AdWords is helpful in search engine
marketing strategies to generate more traffic and leads.

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As I donΓÇÖt really sell anything there isnΓÇÖt a financial ROI for me to buy ads that I can see

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have not used this method of promoting my channel "yet". But perhaps somewhere down the line I might. Since I have heard that this strategy is affective. Becuase to grow any kind of buisiness or community, some form of marketing must executed.

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Don't limit yourself to Google Ads. Facebook, Bing are other viable options. You can also run a Spotify ad...ads exist because good ads work. Like anything else, you have to get good at it to make it worth it. I'm about to run 3-6 ads this month. It's nothing to be ashamed of...it's a solid and proven business practice. My advice for you specifically is to focus on getting great at what you do. Don't buy ads yet...there are a LOT of things you can improve as you go. Do 100 things...bug your friends for a listen, post on FB, Make short videos that are fun that promote your channel. Do all of that...figure out how to add a subscriber a day....THEN start to look at an ad strategy.

Reactions: peacefulsoulsync

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I ran a very small add for no more than £5 and got a good number of views but no subscribers. Think subscribers may need to be obtained a little more organically. I have found forums which have helped me. Especially around the topic which relates to any of my videos.

Pete A Turner

Known Member
I ran a very small add for no more than £5 and got a good number of views but no subscribers. Think subscribers may need to be obtained a little more organically. I have found forums which have helped me. Especially around the topic which relates to any of my videos.
Getting subscribers, I suggest, is an output from getting people to "walk in the door" and try your videos. If you could line up 10k people you get to pitch...then get a pct of them to actually click on the video...next cut is getting people to watch a longer, and then another video....that person will subscribe. So, yes, getting action on your account leads to subs....IF, the channel and content are prepared for the new folks. Keep sprucing up your channel...keep experimenting with what works...do the same with ads.

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Getting subscribers, I suggest, is an output from getting people to "walk in the door" and try your videos. If you could line up 10k people you get to pitch...then get a pct of them to actually click on the video...next cut is getting people to watch a longer, and then another video....that person will subscribe. So, yes, getting action on your account leads to subs....IF, the channel and content are prepared for the new folks. Keep sprucing up your channel...keep experimenting with what works...do the same with ads.

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Great point Pete. Looks like your experiments seem to be more fact based with a higher distribution than mine. So your advice hold more weight.

Matta28

Subscriber Goal
I've tried it on a few videos. i used $1 per day, per video. Runned them for a week and gained around 1,5k views on the videos I promoted. The funny part is that the video that had worst quailty gained the most subs

rportnoy

Subscriber Goal
I used google ads. for $50 got 10K+ view and 100+ subs. If your content and targeting Ok the result will be OK.

groovy horrror scifi

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I got quite a few hundred views on a couple of videos using google ads although my subs didnt expand massively but gained some .
I didn't spend much around £20 a month but whereas I might have got around 300-400 views on a couple, on other vids I just about get double figures so I might have got lucky.
Time is a major issue for me with weeks before I can work on some vids so promoting as well it's an issue for me but I've used Twitter which has helped, only a little but helped none the less .
Instagram not so much but I keep hearing how its vital.
I've found reddit to be mostly a waste of time as i contribute to the forums scantily but find you cannot promote much regardless.
I did create a facebook group but it doesnt seem to be working.
I'm still learning but it is hard.
I'd say try google ads but only for a small budget to see how you fare.