• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How many hours a week do you generally spend on YouTube related tasks?

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Of course depending on the kind of content produced. But I would love to hear from you guys, if its a part time thing or more of a full time thing.
I'll start if off by saying its in between for me. I ussually spend around 15 hours + a week on youtube related tasks...

How about you guys?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't tend to count, I probably should, but I spend several hours a day in some way or another. maybe it's an hour replying to comments, maybe its 6 hours editing. 1-2 hours crafting a thumbnail. 1-2 hours shooting. Then there's branding, networking, research, analysing analytics, it all takes time. So I'd say 10 hours a week at the very minimum. But because of how much I love art and design, I could easily spend 10-20 hours just on making thumbnails, and I quite often spend a few hours a day re-crafting old thumbnails.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am working at turning this into a career opportunity as best I can. So a few years ago (right around the time I started the channel) I switched jobs from one that worked me 80-90 hours per week to one that was closer to 50 hours per week. I turned the majority of that extra time into time spent working on YouTube.

These days I have a pretty solid routine and I excel at batching videos. I turned a six-day January trip to Mexico into two months worth of 2X per week videos. This more than anything has SEVERELY reduced the amount of time I spend per week on the channel. I spent 20-30 hours editing these videos in late January but have been coasting for all of February... probably did not hit 5 hours of YT work on any given week all month.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
In a week - I think about 1 hour filming time - set up, planning etc (depending on the video). 5 hrs of editing and 2 hours for extras like TubeBuddy, SEO, learning etc

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Minimum of 10 hours. I love the research. Since part of what I do is build intellectual property, I spend a lot of time reading and doing research.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
If I am doing something fun, I film. I do not keep track of that time because I am mostly out having fun, the filming is secondary. I very rarely plan an excursion just to film. Editing is done in batches - one good weekend came become 4 or 5 vids. I edit in batches, then take a week or so off. If I had to guess (and it would be only a wild guess) I would say maybe 30 hours a month, done in big chunks. Mostly I am gloriously retired :cool:

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
It depends on the amount of editing needed along with the length of the video.
Normally about 3 to 5 hrs are enough each day for me. However, the time
needed may be different for each one.

Lidia S

www.incomingsuccess.com
Subscriber Goal
Around 4-6 Hours per week if I only post three videos per week. I spend around one hour writing the scripts for all videos (30 mins before that researching the topics & creating the schedule), around one hour filming the videos, 30 mins editing each video & around 15 mins posting each video (SEO Optimization, adding links etc) + Creating the thumbnail around 15 mins per video.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Pretty much all of our free time that isn't dedicated to our jobs. Between, filming, learning, editing, and coming up with ideas and still taking care of life. It's one heck of a marathon!! LOL Literally and figuratively!

Lirimara

TubeBuddy User
linktr.ee
Around 6 hours of recording and about 2 hours editing. I work full time but my rota varies so so weeks I work 60 hours and others just 12, so the recording time can vary a fair amount