• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy What is the most underrated TubeBuddy Tool with significant value when utilized?

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Over the past few weeks I have been spending quite a lot of time figuring out the use of every TubeBuddy tool(allowed with the respective license I have of course: Pro) to get the most out of TubeBuddy. However, for those who are very familiar with TubeBuddy and its tools for quite some time now, what would you say is the most underrated TubeBuddy tool that holds significant value when utilized?

Side note: the tool could be from either respective license...

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Moved this to the TubeBuddy topic in YouTube Discussions where you will get more community input.

I can tell you the actual story that led me to TubeBuddy. Being a "corporate guy" I always had a team of people who managed all of this stuff. So it meant I never really learned SEO, etc. When I started releasing content, it was getting no views. I mean like 10-15 views per video. So I knew I needed 2 things - SEO optimization and a way to fix all of the existing videos. That led me to TubeBuddy.

The bulk tools I love. I've mentioned this before but I have used them to:
- Change license type on all videos
- Change comment settings on all videos
- Temporarily add promotions to the descriptions of all videos, and then;
- Remove the promotion when the time was up.
- Fix affiliate URLs.

I then discovered the "upload defaults" in combination with SEO Studio and that gives me a ton of flexibility to add "template text" while in SEO studio. I can also apply specific parts of "upload defaults" to new videos or past videos.

I am working on a big update for my channel and bulk tools and upload defaults play a huge part in how I will do that efficiently.

OP
OP
HenryBR

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Moved this to the TubeBuddy topic in YouTube Discussions where you will get more community input.

I can tell you the actual story that led me to TubeBuddy. Being a "corporate guy" I always had a team of people who managed all of this stuff. So it meant I never really learned SEO, etc. When I started releasing content, it was getting no views. I mean like 10-15 views per video. So I knew I needed 2 things - SEO optimization and a way to fix all of the existing videos. That led me to TubeBuddy.

The bulk tools I love. I've mentioned this before but I have used them to:
- Change license type on all videos
- Change comment settings on all videos
- Temporarily add promotions to the descriptions of all videos, and then;
- Remove the promotion when the time was up.
- Fix affiliate URLs.

I then discovered the "upload defaults" in combination with SEO Studio and that gives me a ton of flexibility to add "template text" while in SEO studio. I can also apply specific parts of "upload defaults" to new videos or past videos.

I am working on a big update for my channel and bulk tools and upload defaults play a huge part in how I will do that efficiently.
Awesome! sounds like TubeBuddy has played a huge part in terms of how you manage your content on youtube. Having started producing more content consistently myself, I have seen the huge value TubeBuddy can bring and has brought to the youtube (content creators) community.

Reactions: Damon

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I don't think its exactly underrated but my absolute fave is the tag tool that suggests tags for you.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Creators don't give the replies enough love, and TubeBuddy has had FANTASTIC comment management tools for literally years. I've been using the advanced comment sorting to find replies not yet replied to, hiding comments that I don't want to actually delete, but don't want to reply to either, and also the power of canned responses which is it's own feature, but definitely goes in unison with the comments sorting.

When you have a lot of similar comments, canned responses are amazing, and you can still make your canned responses sound naturally and you.

Also love the save draft feature of SEO studio. Always love being able to work on a video description and title for even weeks before making a video. Seriously underrated.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Over the past few weeks I have been spending quite a lot of time figuring out the use of every TubeBuddy tool(allowed with the respective license I have of course: Pro) to get the most out of TubeBuddy. However, for those who are very familiar with TubeBuddy and its tools for quite some time now, what would you say is the most underrated TubeBuddy tool that holds significant value when utilized?

Side note: the tool could be from either respective license...

I'd say we have some REALLY cool tracking tools for SEO: Search Positions, Search Rank Tracking. They let you see HOW You're performing for those keywords! :)

search positions: https://www.tubebuddy.com/tools#searchranking

search rank tracking: https://www.tubebuddy.com/tools#keywordranktracking

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
HenryBR

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Creators don't give the replies enough love, and TubeBuddy has had FANTASTIC comment management tools for literally years. I've been using the advanced comment sorting to find replies not yet replied to, hiding comments that I don't want to actually delete, but don't want to reply to either, and also the power of canned responses which is it's own feature, but definitely goes in unison with the comments sorting.

When you have a lot of similar comments, canned responses are amazing, and you can still make your canned responses sound naturally and you.

Also love the save draft feature of SEO studio. Always love being able to work on a video description and title for even weeks before making a video. Seriously underrated.
What a great insight! I didn't know such tools held such remarkable value. Thanks.

I'd say we have some REALLY cool tracking tools for SEO: Search Positions, Search Rank Tracking. They let you see HOW You're performing for those keywords! :)

search positions: https://www.tubebuddy.com/tools#searchranking

search rank tracking: https://www.tubebuddy.com/tools#keywordranktracking
Awesome! thanks for the details. I'll be sure to give those tools some extra attention.

I don't think its exactly underrated but my absolute fave is the tag tool that suggests tags for you.
Yeah for sure. It sure cuts down on time trying to figure out what tags are relevant or not relevant to the video being uploaded.

ClimaX

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It isn't underrated but, I think its the tag explorer