• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Banner Question

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Screenshot 2021-03-01 154535.png
HeyI've been helping someone with their channel. They have bought banner art - which looks nice...

But I can't see anyway to put it up correctly

It says this in the help [for Banners]:

"To make changes, select a preview and change the crop, then click DONE."

I can't see how to select preview, and I can't see how to change the crop. I presume this is inside YouTube?

I'm just stuck with the placement.

And it's wrong.

The white boxes on the left top and bottom look like you can select them to resize. But you can't.

There is nothing online. It just says "select preview and change the crop"

How?

I'm sure I am being super thick about this, if anyone knows do let me know.... gah

Thanks x

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
There is very little you can do to banners inside of YT, there are templates out there, base your banner on that and upload, remembering that you will have your URL links at the bottom right of your "viewable on desktop" area. Once you have done it a few times it will become clear.

Reactions: Carlosmcp
OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
The channel art is bought

I thought the guy doing it would send the right size... he's trying to help

Why does YouTube have this: "To make changes, select a preview and change the crop, then click DONE."

As I can't see how to select preview - and so can't change the crop

Thanks for the answer though

x

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The crop can only be very minimal, basically move up or down a bit into the centre. If he bought the art specifically for YT then it really shouldn't need to be cropped much, all the action is usually in the centre strip of the banner. Any adjustments you should do before you upload it, dual monitors help as you can "eye" where you need to adjust and re-upload.

Reactions: Carlosmcp