• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Draft Edits

Private

Can Tubebuddy bulk edit drafts from draft to private, I purchased this for the bulk edit of cards but One feature that would be super helpful is bulk editing drafts to private

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Moving to TubeBuddy Suggestions.

I'm not clear on your ask. Do you want to bulk set a group of videos to Private? If so, that is built-in YouTube studio functionality.

But I'm unclear what you mean by "Drafts" and in that context "Private" as no one can see you drafts?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Can Tubebuddy bulk edit drafts from draft to private, I purchased this for the bulk edit of cards but One feature that would be super helpful is bulk editing drafts to private

You want to bulk change privacy settings? This is a YouTube Feature, and they handle drafts much different, since they want user input on each induvial one. We'll look into this, but I believe they wan you to manually review each time.

OP
OP
Private

Private

Moving to TubeBuddy Suggestions.

I'm not clear on your ask. Do you want to bulk set a group of videos to Private? If so, that is built-in YouTube studio functionality.

But I'm unclear what you mean by "Drafts" and in that context "Private" as no one can see you drafts?
Well I upload a few videos at a time and when you do its saved as a draft and you cant change them to private or public in bulk through studio. its just slow and annoying. I was hoping to find a better solution

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
In YouTube Studio, click Content. Click the check boxes next to the videos you want to change the visibility of. From the bar that will appear at the top when you check your first check box, choose Edit -> Visibility and choose what you want.

This is a YouTube Studio feature, not a TubeBuddy feature. I'm going to move this to the proper board.

OP
OP
Private

Private

In YouTube Studio, click Content. Click the check boxes next to the videos you want to change the visibility of. From the bar that will appear at the top when you check your first check box, choose Edit -> Visibility and choose what you want.

This is a YouTube Studio feature, not a TubeBuddy feature. I'm going to move this to the proper board.
Wow do they actually read these because you get the same wrong answer over and over , it looks like Andrew is the only one with any kind of knowledge

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Wow do they actually read these because you get the same wrong answer over and over , it looks like Andrew is the only one with any kind of knowledge
The issue may not be the answer. It is possible that you get the same answer over and over due to a lack of communication or because the answer isn't being accepted regardless of how right it may be.

There is a very good reason not to have the ability to offer a bulk change from Private or Unlisted to Public. Once they are public a video is considered published, and you can't walk that back. Imagine the issues a creator would face if they were to accidently bulk publish 6-8 videos that were Private or Unlisted. It would destroy their content schedule for weeks. Adversely, what would you gain with this feature?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
You want to bulk change privacy settings? This is a YouTube Feature, and they handle drafts much different, since they want user input on each induvial one. We'll look into this, but I believe they wan you to manually review each time.

To add, our feature let's you make Unlisted > Public, or Private > Public, but not drafts public since they require multi step authentication VIA YouTube's requirements.