• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Facebook likes

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't know what the reason. But when videos are properly embedded (using YouTube's embed code)
the Likes, Sharing, and view count. It counts the same way as it happens in YouTube itself. However,
embedding the video in these different manners affects the count.

Reactions: Meenu Sharma

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Moving to YouTube Feedback, as the question is about generating YouTube likes by posting a video to Facebook.

If people like your post when you share a YouTube video, that is a Facebook like and has nothing to do with YouTube. There is no "like" in the embedded player, so people need to view the video on YouTube and like it there to generate a YouTube like. There are many discussions about this on the Social Media Discussions board here - Social Media Discussions | TubeBuddy Forums

Reactions: Meenu Sharma
OP
OP
Meenu Sharma

Meenu Sharma

Subscriber Goal
Thanks for your reply, what is the meaning of embedded then please and how can we use this fruitfully. TIA.

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
If people like your post when you share a YouTube video, that is a Facebook like and has nothing to do with YouTube. There is no "like" in the embedded player, so people need to view the video on YouTube and like it there to generate a YouTube like. There are many discussions about this on the Social Media Discussions board here - Social Media Discussions | TubeBuddy Forums

Maybe this is me getting it wrong, but surely the OP means the Facebook Likes on Videolytics

Which also has your Reddit Upvotes.

It used to do my head in - how many people LIKE on Facebook and then don't watch the video

I didn't understand why they like posts they clearly have no interest in

I could get [if I worked at it] up to 100 FB likes... and from that only a handful actually watch the video itself

But in answer to the OP

If you look, on your videos actual YT page, to the right of the screen [PC] the Videolytics are up there, and yes it automatically has the number of LIKES on display [from Facebook] which is nothing to do with the YouTube LIKES for the video itself.

x