• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question More on Google Ads

Pete A Turner

Known Member
With a head nod to the convo on https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/37511/ this thread...

I've been working my channel through the TubeBuddy tools. I've got a lot of work to do still (big channel lots of videos)-and I will continue improving my content.

Given that, I want to explore using google or bing ads to increase my channel discovery outside of YouTube searches.

It seems to me, I've got plenty of content, many of my videos have powerful searchable tags etc...but my eps don't spin enough to compete for access to the names/tags/terms-in effect wasting my access to the guests that I get.

If I increase my discoverability outside of YouTube via Bing and Google ads...I estimate that I can add something like 15 to 25% more action on my channel in a month for a reasonable amount of money.

I know through some experimentation that money makes the algorithm happy--but I'm not sure what type of channel-focused ad would work. Also, what platform should I advertise on: Google, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn, even Spotify (which is heavily weighting and inventing ad buys).

In general, what are your thoughts? What type of ad make sense? I have some GREAT ad concepts that are super short. If you're curious about this, I'm glad to share my findings as I sort through this process.

Thanks in advance. this is a big concept...so I've likely left some elements out to facilitate some brevity.
I dig all of you who reply.

Ultimately, I'd like this post to help all of us better understand ads, what does and doesn't work...so feel free to share etc.