• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How consistent do you post new content on your YouTube channel?

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
So what do you feel is the sweet spot for how many videos a content creator should post per month or per week? Once a month, twice a month, etc..? Once a week, twice a week, etc..?

Then again I am aware that for some Youtube channels making certain content will take longer than that of other content creators. However, for the most part, in terms of keeping your audience wanting for more yet not giving to much, how many times a month or week would you suggest one should upload content?

Last edited:

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I do not think there is a blanket answer for all channels. It depends on your content and audience. If you are doing history vids, with TV quality - most would be lucky to post once a month. Reaction vids - you could pretty much post daily (depending on the amount of editing involved). I have seen vloggers posting multiple vids each day, and all get good views.

I am a travel vlogger, and try to post twice a week. My subscribers want daily vlogs, even if I am not traveling. I should... but daily is a lot of work ha ha

Reactions: BraveStar

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
Anything that doesn't involve with documentary, long analysis videos will take around one week most. Basically what the above guys says, it depend on the content. Easy content like reaction videos or video that doesn't require so much video editing can be done daily.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I upload once a week - which suits my working schedule / life balance. I noticed when I did vlogmas in December though, that my channel did very well with the more frequent uploads.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It really depends on the channel and the content as @Tito Tim said but it also depends on the size and/or ago of the channel. If you're just getting started on your channel you may wanna pump out as much content as you can, at least twice a week. The idea is to allow YouTube to analyze your content and determine what kind of content your channel is about and thus who to share it with. Most pro YouTubers will tell you to upload at least 100 videos before you start worrying about subs and views. This helps you learn what works for your channel and adjust accordingly include the days and time best suited for your content and audience.

So if you're new you should upload as much as you can without overdoing it. You don't wanna cause yourself to burn out early. Once established you can determine how often to upload based on the type of content and your audience's request.