• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What should be the real reason behind you creating a YouTube Channel

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
All of us have our own reasons for starting a YouTube channel. For providing entertainment, education, business related purposes, etc... However, in the end, it should all come down to one core reason as to why you should have even started a Youtube Channel and provide the content that you do. That reason being for YOURSELF. I can't recall the amount of times I have heard someone say "I quit/left YouTube because of the fact that I wasn't getting traction". And as a matter of fact, you reading this might be one of them. Who knows.

Thus, for those of you who have barely started a YouTube channel or have or have had a Youtube channel... do it for the right reasons. For yourself. And whether or not you get traction. Does it really matter? Views will come on there own and if not. WHO CARES! just have fun!

Last edited:
Subscriber Goal
Personally I think that you shouldnΓÇÖt start YouTube with mindset of it will give me alot of money, simple reason why you shouldnΓÇÖt do like that is: You will easily get demotivated when you see how hard it is to get it started. I think you should just have fun with it, enjoy it and ofcourse if it grows big thats a great thing so you wonΓÇÖt get disappointed or di motivated

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The reason why people create channels will vary considerably. Some will do it just as a hobby for fun, some want to teach and share their knowledge to help others improve their skills, some companies use YouTube to promote their products or maybe to explain features of their products, and of course, some just want attention and to entertain.

I'll be quite honest, I started my channel because I wanted to show off how I made art. I couldn't find any videos going into the detail I like when it comes to art, so I wanted to fill the void.

Unfortunately I've known a few people to have quit YouTube because their ROI (return on investment, the investment being time) wasn't valid to them and they wanted to spend their time in other ways, and fair play to them. I treat YouTube more like an art gallery. I don't necessarily care if people watch, but I like to have examples of what I can do in case anyone DOES. I will say though, the higher the sub count gets, the more pressure there is to perform and bring the goods. So I can see why some get burned out from that pressure.