• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Will audiobooks endanger my monetization status?

Elementia Studios

I have some audiobooks I'm going to upload on my channel, and I'm monetized. I won't put ads on those videos, but they tend to do better than my other videos. Will they endanger my monetization status? Please answer honestly, I know it's probably common to say yes simply to make sure I play by YouTube's rules, but will they honestly put my account at risk of demonetization? Thanks for any help you can provide.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Do you own the audiobook content? Is it properly licensed? Could you produce valid proof if required to do so?

If no, you are taking a chance that you may quickly earn strikes and have your channel demonetized. If you can answer yes, then you are fine.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
If this is someone else's content (and by someone else there are actually 2-3 parties involved for Audiobooks) then you need to stop doing that immediately. Regardless of whether you put ads you do not have the right to publish and/or distribute someone else's work. It is against the law and it can get your channel shut down.

It warrants mentioning that not only do these takedowns typically occur right around the time you get monetized but the guys who are responsible for copyright ownership on Audiobooks are some of the hardest to deal with. You should delete all copyrighted uploads on your channel immediately.