• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Community tab how long did you have to wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I am working on a large series of videos [11 plus episode series]

I thought it would be good to make a community message to let people know - why I wasn't posting videos, and that I had something big [well a large project/series] coming

Alas - I haven't got the community posting tab.

I wondered for those who have recently hit the required sub count, how long they had to wait?

I have a custom layout for the channel - so I think I have done all that is required from my side?

Yes... I know patience is a virtue... but I'm also getting the feeling maybe they haven't noticed and so forgotten to enable the option for me? Hmm, how quaint that I still think the world is run by people and not bots...

x

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I think it's like above 500 subscribers? not sure.

There's nothing to think or make a guess as it's clearly mentioned on the link above which states the following:-
Am I eligible for the Community tab? said:
Creators with over 500 subscribers have access to Community posts. It will take up to 1 week to see the Community tab after passing 500 subscribers. The Community tab may also be available to other channels as we continue testing this feature

As well If your channel is eligible and it's been over a week then you can just contact TeamYouTube on Twitter and make a tweet about it, they will get this check and will enable it from their end.

Hope it clears the guess, If there's any doubt, please let us know :)

Kind Regards
Nody,
Trusted User

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The community tab can take from 1 - 4 weeks to open up. I've known some people who've hade to wait a week or 2 for them to have access to it.
Also "fun fact", community tab isn't available on iPad. Possibly not on other tablets as well, but yeah, the wait time is 1 - 4 weeks once you've hit the 1k.

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
i believe it comes in at 1,000 subscribers.
It will be available at 1000 subs
The community tab can take from 1 - 4 weeks to open up. I've known some people who've hade to wait a week or 2 for them to have access to it.
Also "fun fact", community tab isn't available on iPad. Possibly not on other tablets as well, but yeah, the wait time is 1 - 4 weeks once you've hit the 1k.

Thanks all.

First two messages - yes I had 1k. I had an email congratulating me on 1k. Hence my post here, and why I mentioned the artwork, and said I had passed all the requirements. Thanks though

And Beanie, it too... just over 3 weeks. Thanks.

Right now I have to start updating people...

x

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
It took me three weeks - I guess it's luck of the draw when they get to you..
thanks

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
As per the latest update, the eligibility for the community tab has been reduced to 500 subscribers and above.

Once you've reached the required subscribers on your channel, after a week or so you will be issued the community tab as YouTube back end is bit slow so it takes a while to update there and thus, it's usually a week late.

You can find the details of the same here - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9409631?hl=en

Kind Regards
Nody,
Trusted User.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
Status
Not open for further replies.