• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Are my own short videos extracted from big video, duplicate content?

webstylepress2

TubeBuddy Pro
www.webstylepress.com
Subscriber Goal
I created a long video - kind a crash course but then during editing I noticed that there were good small concepts inside video.
I took out couple of small videos (2 mins long, 1.5 min long) from that big video to publish them as separate small videos on different topics.
Now I have a big video and few small videos extracted from that big video as separate small videos based on concepts.
If I publish those, will YouTube mark these as duplicate content?
Video language is English.

For Example's sake:
Big video > How to make and serve tea
Small videos extracted from long video > How to boil milk properly / which leaves or brand is best for tea / best time to enjoy tea

Reactions: DebuJalanan

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
As of right now, it doesn't appear so. Many creators are doing exactly what you described. That said, it is important to realize that shorts is still in its infancy and they may add/modify/delete rules and policies relating to them as they learn from the experiment over time.

Reactions: DebuJalanan
OP
OP
webstylepress2

webstylepress2

TubeBuddy Pro
www.webstylepress.com
Subscriber Goal
As of right now, it doesn't appear so. Many creators are doing exactly what you described. That said, it is important to realize that shorts is still in its infancy and they may add/modify/delete rules and policies relating to them as they learn from the experiment over time.
I am not talking about #shorts. I am talking about short length videos that I extract from a long video to publish separately because some users may need only that small part of information and may not be interested in full tutorial with other details. GaryVee does it also. He publishes small length videos extracted from his long videos.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I am not talking about #shorts. I am talking about short length videos that I extract from a long video to publish separately because some users may need only that small part of information and may not be interested in full tutorial with other details. GaryVee does it also. He publishes small length videos extracted from his long videos.
That puts you in a very grey area. It is always important to point out when people say things like "GaryVee does it" or "Mr Beast does it" that many big YouTubers have a very different relationship with YouTube than the average creator and you may not be able to get away with some of the things they do.