• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Indecisive on 3 Thumbnails

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I can't decide which thumbnail I want to use for a video coming up...Which one do you think would do better

will it work 1.1.png

will it work 2.png

will it work 4.png

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I lean towards the 3rd. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think you can make the picture in the bottom right a little smaller to give it more "gutter" like you did with the picture of the genesis system. Just shrink it enough to get if off the "gutter".

This coming from the "it's too small and I can't read it" person...

• Haha
Reactions: Jeff Goober
OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I lean towards the 3rd. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think you can make the picture in the bottom right a little smaller to give it more "gutter" like you did with the picture of the genesis system. Just shrink it enough to get if off the "gutter".

This coming from the "it's too small and I can't read it" person...
Yeah I like the 3rd one as well, and I will shrink it like you said lol

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
Almost all the thumbnails are good enough and can be want to use for your
upcoming video. My favorite among the three is the third one. My one suggestion
is to reduce the size of the right picture as others have recommended too.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Almost all the thumbnails are good enough and can be want to use for your
upcoming video. My favorite among the three is the third one. My one suggestion
is to reduce the size of the right picture as others have recommended too.
Thanks for the feedback

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the colours in number 3 and I think it will stand out well against the YouTube colours of black, white and red.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you all for the feedback..looks like it's the 3rd one lol I had a tie with the top blue one from family members and 3 for the bottom one and now everyone here agrees with the bottom :cool:

Reactions: Ennsu's Vault

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I quite like the concept, but I think overall there's too much going on that it kinda distracts. Part of me wonders if you could make the console a lot bigger, and photoshop it to look like you're trying to fit the box inside it to emphesise the fact you're trying to if a N64 cartridge will fit.

I will be honest, I'm not quite sure what the overall concept is... Like, do people actually try to fit N64 cartridges into a SEGA? Or is the game it'self available on sega? the thumbnails looks appealing, and will appeal to gamers, and I like the idea of "will it work" but I don't actually understand the concept of what you're trying to get working?

Visually 3 gets my attention.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I quite like the concept, but I think overall there's too much going on that it kinda distracts. Part of me wonders if you could make the console a lot bigger, and photoshop it to look like you're trying to fit the box inside it to emphesise the fact you're trying to if a N64 cartridge will fit.

I will be honest, I'm not quite sure what the overall concept is... Like, do people actually try to fit N64 cartridges into a SEGA? Or is the game it'self available on sega? the thumbnails looks appealing, and will appeal to gamers, and I like the idea of "will it work" but I don't actually understand the concept of what you're trying to get working?

Visually 3 gets my attention.
No cartridge..it's a modded mini I'm playing on, I have a lot of console on the modded mini/emulator so it's kinda clickbait with the cartridge but I still play the game on the video

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
photoshop it to look like you're trying to fit the box inside it to emphesise the fact you're trying to if a N64 cartridge will fit.
That is a good idea :idea: