• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Custom Url

Dandy Coward

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello tubebuddies, my youtube channel just hit its first 100 subscribers today and I want to get a custom url.
But my question is will I have to change my channel Id on this platform after acquiring a custom url? Or the channel link remains functioning even after getting a custom url ?

Reactions: Apps

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
No, you won't have to change anything. The custom URL is just a URL that maps to your actual channel ID and your TubeBuddy account is linked via your channel ID.

• Love
Reactions: Dandy Coward
OP
OP
Dandy Coward

Dandy Coward

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ok,thank you for the help,I can now go a head and request for a custom url from youtube.that was my worry anyway because I value so much the tubebuddy platform but your reply has solved my thought properly,thanks
No, you won't have to change anything. The custom URL is just a URL that maps to your actual channel ID and your TubeBuddy account is linked via your channel ID.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Also, from my understanding, you can change your custom url at a later date if you change your branding. I'm not sure what the process of this is now, but I changed my custom url somewhere around 1000-10,000 subscribers and it didn't impact on anything. So if you're custom url doesn't reflect your journey later in life, for the moment it seems you can change it later, so long as no one else has already taken it.

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
Congratulations on reaching 100 subscribers! That is a pretty significant milestone,
No, no. As other members have said, the channel link remains functioning even after
getting a custom URL. Just continue your effort and update us.

OP
OP
Dandy Coward

Dandy Coward

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Congratulations on reaching 100 subscribers! That is a pretty significant milestone,
No, no. As other members have said, the channel link remains functioning even after
getting a custom URL. Just continue your effort and update us.
Thanks @Naheed,your response is appreciated dear tubebuddy community pal

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So if I change to a custom URL, I won't have to change my link on my food blog that goes to my channel? The link would still work - is that correct?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
So if I change to a custom URL, I won't have to change my link on my food blog that goes to my channel? The link would still work - is that correct?
So we are all on the same page, your YouTube channel ID never changes. Your vanity URL Is just a pointer to your YouTube channel ID. If your link is to your channel ID, you never need to change it. If you link to your vanity URL and change your vanity URL, you will need to update your links to point to the new vanity URL.