• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Matching View Counts

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So I have a strange question. My channels view counts seem to get into strange matching patterns. Currently right now my last set of video counts match...is this something common or is something funky with my channel?
The last 6 videos are 17, 17, 22, 22, 17, 22. Been seeing these type of matching number patterns in my videos but not sure whatΓÇÖs up...sometimes numbers are higher and sometimes lower...but they always seem to match. Any ideas?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That might just be a coincidence. Potentially the same few viewers watching your content consistently. Maybe family members or friends perhaps. Or some viewers who liked your content.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a strange anomaly I am noticing with channels in the 100 subscriber range. I'd be curious to know as well, but you CAN take a deeper dive into your own analytics to get some better idea of where your traffic is coming from. You can view from a channel level AND from an individual level in your analytics where your traffic sources are coming from. I'm currently looking into where my traffic sources are coming from because mine seem to only come from the channel page.

You may have 22 very dedicated viewers. I've seen some channels in the 1000 subscriber range that also get the consistent view range that sometimes seems suspicious, potentially from sub trading and view trading groups, but I don't see any real indication of that on your end. It could just be a very dedicated core 22 audience members.

What you could always do is try to garner some engagement from your pinned comment. You get 17 views consistantly, so I'd experiment with something like "17 of you wonderful people consistantly watch my videos out of the gate, so I'd love for you to say hi, where are you from?" you could even do a little engagement call to action IN your video to engage those specific numbers.

It'll grow eventually, but it's most definitely a curious coincidence. I didn't take much notice of my view counts at 100 subscribers, but it wouldn't surprise me if mine were similar at the time.

Looking forward to seeing what other's thoughts might be.

OP
OP
Jbrame

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is a strange anomaly I am noticing with channels in the 100 subscriber range. I'd be curious to know as well, but you CAN take a deeper dive into your own analytics to get some better idea of where your traffic is coming from. You can view from a channel level AND from an individual level in your analytics where your traffic sources are coming from. I'm currently looking into where my traffic sources are coming from because mine seem to only come from the channel page.

You may have 22 very dedicated viewers. I've seen some channels in the 1000 subscriber range that also get the consistent view range that sometimes seems suspicious, potentially from sub trading and view trading groups, but I don't see any real indication of that on your end. It could just be a very dedicated core 22 audience members.

What you could always do is try to garner some engagement from your pinned comment. You get 17 views consistantly, so I'd experiment with something like "17 of you wonderful people consistantly watch my videos out of the gate, so I'd love for you to say hi, where are you from?" you could even do a little engagement call to action IN your video to engage those specific numbers.

It'll grow eventually, but it's most definitely a curious coincidence. I didn't take much notice of my view counts at 100 subscribers, but it wouldn't surprise me if mine were similar at the time.

Looking forward to seeing what other's thoughts might be.

Yeah itΓÇÖs probably some weird anamoly and I probably do worry too much about view counts at this point. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
Jbrame

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That might just be a coincidence. Potentially the same few viewers watching your content consistently. Maybe family members or friends perhaps. Or some viewers who liked your content.
It might be that...but it fluctuates too...so they doesnΓÇÖt make much sense.