• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Would Like A Feedback On My Crime Documentary Videos

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
User name: Rise Of Jay Cee
Title of thread: Would Like A Feedback On My Crime Documentary Videos
Self review: I believe it is well done in some part. I kept the intro short because no one like a long intro. I try to make the thumbnail simple yet appealing. With a long videos like this, there might be many flaw and I pretty sure I myself can detected it myself. It just that it take too much of my time to fix it and I not sure if I am doing the right thing. My only biggest grip I think is my voiceover because some part are quiet and sometime it not clear on what I am saying. I will have to work on that. That is all!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCLthieXP_I

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/38253/

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Hey! I love these kind of videos. I just saw the episode and was legit creeped out. I know you mentioned that you have shortened the intro but I think you can afford to shorten it just a bit more. I say this because your video is already close to 30minutes long and as a new viewer to a channel I hardly know, I want to get a feel right away if your episode is about to waste my time or intrigue me. The animation of the introduction is good but speed it up a bit and if you want a 10 second intro, make it 5 seconds of your title animation and 5 seconds of a quick collage or taste of what your channel is about. I hate to admit it but I am a "choose a book by its cover" kind of guy and for me if the youtuber has a really professional looking intro, I automatically give the channel my trust that the video I am about to watch will be, at least, well edited - but if I am fooled and the rest of the video's editing falls apart, then I leave immediately and then most likely avoid revisiting that channel.

I loved the editing of your episode: the sound, the pacing, and the overall mood was well done to the theme. One thing that would help improve the experience would be some texts; not a lot of texts but few words that you want to put more emphasis on. Other than that, I think your video shows real potential.

One thing I don't know is if there is copyright infringement in using footages that are not edited by you; but I think the mods here are better suited to answer that - I think will be okay since you are changing the purpose of the media but better to be safe by asking. Overall, I like it =D cheers

Reactions: Rise Of Jay Cee
OP
OP
Rise Of Jay Cee

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
Hey! I love these kind of videos. I just saw the episode and was legit creeped out. I know you mentioned that you have shortened the intro but I think you can afford to shorten it just a bit more. I say this because your video is already close to 30minutes long and as a new viewer to a channel I hardly know, I want to get a feel right away if your episode is about to waste my time or intrigue me. The animation of the introduction is good but speed it up a bit and if you want a 10 second intro, make it 5 seconds of your title animation and 5 seconds of a quick collage or taste of what your channel is about. I hate to admit it but I am a "choose a book by its cover" kind of guy and for me if the youtuber has a really professional looking intro, I automatically give the channel my trust that the video I am about to watch will be, at least, well edited - but if I am fooled and the rest of the video's editing falls apart, then I leave immediately and then most likely avoid revisiting that channel.

I loved the editing of your episode: the sound, the pacing, and the overall mood was well done to the theme. One thing that would help improve the experience would be some texts; not a lot of texts but few words that you want to put more emphasis on. Other than that, I think your video shows real potential.

One thing I don't know is if there is copyright infringement in using footages that are not edited by you; but I think the mods here are better suited to answer that - I think will be okay since you are changing the purpose of the media but better to be safe by asking. Overall, I like it =D cheers
Thank you for the feedback. Yeah it true, that I need to work on my intro. Let see what I can do for my next documentary and yes I need to make it short too especially if I am just a new freshie in the YouTube Creator world.

Thanks for the suggestion! I do need to add more text though.

Yeah I not sure about that either and hopefully my video doesn't get the copyright strike because as far as I know as long as you don't show the whole thing and some part of the clip as well as adding commentary to it, it will do fine. But of course it depend on the company itself, some are pretty aggressive about it.

Anyway thanks again!

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Jay Cee,

First, I must say that I enjoyed your video. The subject matter is definitely intriguing, and you thoroughly covered the story by providing some background and even discussing the aftermath of the crime.

I like your use of the B-roll footage and stills. You used them in such a way that maintained a good pace to tell the story. You held my attention pretty well.

One thing that I think you could improve on is the quality of the sound for your voiceover. It sounded muffled to me, so I watched your video with the closed captioning turned on.

At first, I didn't know if it was necessary to provide the background of the criminals, but when you got to the section about how they met, it made sense. The video is still on the long side and could use some refinement in pacing. If you had to edit it down to twenty minutes or less, I would have no problem with leaving out at least a portion of the backstories of the criminals.

The English translated texts for the Japanese dialog was very helpful. I also wish you had added more texts to emphasize some parts of the video.

Thank you for warning your viewers about the grisly details of the torture. It was almost too much for me to imagine. In my opinion, you could have used some imagery in those parts. It doesn't have to be brutal to match the description--just anything to look at besides a blank screen.

Overall, there's room for improvement, but it's a satisfying video.

Best regards,
Jared

Reactions: Rise Of Jay Cee
OP
OP
Rise Of Jay Cee

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
Hi Jay Cee,

First, I must say that I enjoyed your video. The subject matter is definitely intriguing, and you thoroughly covered the story by providing some background and even discussing the aftermath of the crime.

I like your use of the B-roll footage and stills. You used them in such a way that maintained a good pace to tell the story. You held my attention pretty well.

One thing that I think you could improve on is the quality of the sound for your voiceover. It sounded muffled to me, so I watched your video with the closed captioning turned on.

At first, I didn't know if it was necessary to provide the background of the criminals, but when you got to the section about how they met, it made sense. The video is still on the long side and could use some refinement in pacing. If you had to edit it down to twenty minutes or less, I would have no problem with leaving out at least a portion of the backstories of the criminals.

The English translated texts for the Japanese dialog was very helpful. I also wish you had added more texts to emphasize some parts of the video.

Thank you for warning your viewers about the grisly details of the torture. It was almost too much for me to imagine. In my opinion, you could have used some imagery in those parts. It doesn't have to be brutal to match the description--just anything to look at besides a blank screen.

Overall, there's room for improvement, but it's a satisfying video.

Best regards,
Jared
Thank you for the review! I didn't expect I did well on some part until you mention it. There is a lot I need to improve but at least I learn my mistake from my very first videos. I be sure to make my next documentary videos to be more entertaining to watch.

SwishWilly

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi there!

After watching your video, it's certainly very interesting. A think a way to keep the viewer engaged would be maybe put the transition titles over a blurred version of the upcoming image that is complimenting the story. I think adding slightly more dramatic music to parts of the video that are critical to the story would also help grab the attention of the viewer so they are more apt to absorb the importance of that part of the story.

Overall, I think the imagery is great in telling the story. Just the atmosphere around the highs and lows with music and sounds could be adjusted in my opinion :)

Hope this helps a bit.