• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Review my banana bread stressball louis video

User name: Louis The Stressball
Title of thread: Review my banana bread stressball louis video
Self review: I think it's so unique that not many people are searching for it. 'Banana bread stop motion' isn't exactly a popular term. Can anyone suggest any ways I could improve the SEO or content of this video for the future? e.g. suggest specific tags or keywords that would rank & be more popular, or is the content not really something you'd want to watch in the first place? I wonder if it's pointless- people who want a banana bread recipe would watch a serious banana bread recipe video. People who want stop motion would watch a kid's stop motion channel. Part of the problem is the length of time it takes- 1 minute of stop motion takes several days to make, plus the audio is another couple of days. Should I be focusing more on the recipe videos instead? Or focus more purely on the stopmotion videos & try to make them a bit more shocking (e.g. have him calling people up and genuinely pranking them getting their genuine reactions?). I'm wondering if trying to do too many things is watering down the video. Also, it's just not getting clicks- did I choose the wrong topic for the video? Are there better SEO tags to use? Problem is that my channel is so low that most tags don't rank unless they're something ridiculously non-searched for e.g. 'banana bread recipe stop motion 2021' is hardly going to be a searched term!.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbhHJqn7pc&t=2s

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/38253/

Pete A Turner

Known Member
User name: Louis The Stressball
Title of thread: Review my banana bread stressball louis video
Self review: I think it's so unique that not many people are searching for it. 'Banana bread stop motion' isn't exactly a popular term. Can anyone suggest any ways I could improve the SEO or content of this video for the future? e.g. suggest specific tags or keywords that would rank & be more popular, or is the content not really something you'd want to watch in the first place? I wonder if it's pointless- people who want a banana bread recipe would watch a serious banana bread recipe video. People who want stop motion would watch a kid's stop motion channel. Part of the problem is the length of time it takes- 1 minute of stop motion takes several days to make, plus the audio is another couple of days. Should I be focusing more on the recipe videos instead? Or focus more purely on the stopmotion videos & try to make them a bit more shocking (e.g. have him calling people up and genuinely pranking them getting their genuine reactions?). I'm wondering if trying to do too many things is watering down the video. Also, it's just not getting clicks- did I choose the wrong topic for the video? Are there better SEO tags to use? Problem is that my channel is so low that most tags don't rank unless they're something ridiculously non-searched for e.g. 'banana bread recipe stop motion 2021' is hardly going to be a searched term!.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbhHJqn7pc&t=2s

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/38253/
Oh Louis....you make everything fun
I was thinking about your earlier post...Can you make a shorter version of this video? and most it as a short? I don't know if people search stop motion enough to elevate your ranking. maybe you need more superlatives. Also the brit accent is good...it'll hold people's attention. I think you should look at Alvin and the Chipmunk videos and compare examine the tags on their videos that perform well. You're stuff is good...keep going.

OP
OP
Louis The Stressball
Alvin and the Chipmunk
Oh Louis....you make everything fun
I was thinking about your earlier post...Can you make a shorter version of this video? and most it as a short? I don't know if people search stop motion enough to elevate your ranking. maybe you need more superlatives. Also the brit accent is good...it'll hold people's attention. I think you should look at Alvin and the Chipmunk videos and compare examine the tags on their videos that perform well. You're stuff is good...keep going.

Well fanks for thinking of me haha

I checked out alvin & chipmonks but their tags are things like "ALVIN & THE CHIPMONKS" lol! I guess with 9M subs, the Nickelodeon channel is popular enough to be able to just survive on their own tags, as they are already a famous TV show. I do add "Stressball Louis" as a tag frequently but it isn't well known enough to be of use.

It's funny you said to make the video shorter as the reason I started making a longer (4 minute) video with extra non stop motion bits was because someone else here suggested I do that! Otherwise everything on my channel would be e.g. 30 seconds long.... :/

Subscriber Goal
Hey Louis, so first off I think the idea is quite unique and that people would watch it. I also like it that you gave your stressball a whole personality, which is good, so people can built a better realtion to it. Unless I have no SEO recommendations for you, I can give some feedback about the video.

1. In my opinion the opening is too long. People have a very short attention span and therefore they want directly jump into action. So I suggest to short the opening.

2. Next off you said that you think, if people wanna see a bananabread recipe they would't klick on you video. Therefor I think you want to make an entertaining video, but it seemed to me, that it is half an entertaining and half a recipe video. So I would probably focus more on the entertainment and include more of your stressball in the videos and do less with your hands. Eventhough this means more effort, I think it will pay off. (The same thing goes for the other dirction -> recipe)

3. As I said it should be more a entertaining video. I would cut out words like recipe in the titel and description as it doesn't sound funny or entertaining. So use more exciting tags.

4. The end of the video is also too long. As people will stop watching your video after you served the banabread. But the video continues for a whole minute. So you should short the ending.

5. You used call to action at the end of the video, which is good. But you should do the same thing in the beginning of the video. As there are most people watching and the more call to actions you use the more people will do it.

Thoose are my suggestions for you. I hope I could be helpful.
I would be gratefull if you could give me a feedback too.

Reactions: Nazri shueb

Rate It Riley

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I actually love this !!!!!!

Maybe add (How to make...... in the title....)

Also I am so new at this, and need help myself so hope this helps!

I do love the video and I would just make it a little shorter I would stop where you pick up the cup.

Did you write the actually recipe in the description

I always look to see if I can find the recipe when I watch these videos.

Good luck

DianaWanderlust

Subscriber Goal
OMG I really enjoyed watching this video <3

The first thing I would suggest is to zoom out the video a little bit. It's too close-up and maybe you'd like to show the whole thing.

Also, I would suggest making Lous talk a LITTLE bit less. Your voice is wayyyy better and more relaxing. I would just make him talk a bit less in the middle videos. That should also fix the problem of focusing more on the recipe videos instead? So you would have him mostly at the beginning and the end when you eat "together" but you can talk in between.

Amanda Summers

Known Member
Such a cute video. I love the little ball. I'd for sure put him in every thumbnail, but you already know that. Maybe you aren't tagging it well. I'd go with the ball chef theme and keep uploading. The ingredients weren't always clear in the video, or maybe I just missed a couple of them. Maybe I got so intrigued by the little ball that I forgot to pay attention to the recipe. I found it really engaging. I showed my producer for my channels and when he said it was almost a year old I couldn't believe it. The bots need to take another look. I noticed your description doesn't have a lot of keywords in it and there weren't any #s. You need to chose 3 hashtags, #banananutbread #easybanananutbread #easybananbread and then make a sentence for these like, This easy banana bread recipe or easy banana nut bread, if you have a handful of walnuts on hand, is Luis' favorite. Then you need to put the word walnuts in the keywords, but that won't rank so you need to make a sentence like 'This long-time favorite walnut recipe will ..... and put 'favorite walnut recipe' in your keywords, up to 500 characters.At least I think that's how it works. I'm re-dong my own videos to be more like this and my heart just about jumped out when I saw my video in the search. You have a real winner for a video channel.