• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How Youtube choose where to put our video on other people videos as suggested videos ?

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I guess this question is supposed to ask to Youtube directly, but who knows, someone here might know or tinkering with this.

Sometimes I saw on analytic that my video were placed on someone else video on watch page that doesn't relevant to my niche as suggested video. Is it because there is similar tags on their video ? Or is it because the category of the video is the same as mine ? Or there are some words or sentence in their video description that is similar to my video either on tags/keywords/description ? Or it's just random ? I look at their title of the video, it's not the same at all, even one word.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
The YouTube algorithm follows the audience, not necessarily the creator. Meaning if you are getting boosted in search and discovery either from the "new video" boost or because you are driving views and view time, they will use the "discovery" part of search and discovery to recommend your video to others. If that drives views and view time, they will then continue to recommend your video to viewers they believe will like your video. If it doesn't drive views and view time, they will stop recommending your video.

Reactions: tropicthunder
OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
The YouTube algorithm follows the audience, not necessarily the creator. Meaning if you are getting boosted in search and discovery either from the "new video" boost or because you are driving views and view time, they will use the "discovery" part of search and discovery to recommend your video to others. If that drives views and view time, they will then continue to recommend your video to viewers they believe will like your video. If it doesn't drive views and view time, they will stop recommending your video.
Ahh, so this is like google ads where they show you the ads according to your search or internet habits. Thank you.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

To add! You can become your own best suggested by making playlists, telling people to watch other videos, and featuring other videos in your videos description. Do all you can to help people find more content, and you'll get your suggested up! Endscreens, Cards, etc. all can aid on this task :D