• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Adjusting End screen time

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Depending on how long your video is, the bottom navigation will appear VERY small in the corner. Your best bet is to zoom right in on the timeline, the navigation bar it'self is very narrow and hard to see. I've asked YouTube to make it bigger, but apparently not enough people complain about it.

tiny.PNG

this is how my end card looks on a 30 minute video zoomed out.

zoomed.PNG

When zoomed in, that navigation bar gets super tiny.

If you have your windows toolbar visible, it makes the bottom navigation bar even harder still to see. Not very good UI design.
tiny tiny.PNG

Oh, and your video needs to be long enough to fit the end card in. End cards need a default of 20 seconds and can be as small as 10 seconds, so you need enough actual video to allow for the end card. If you're doing a 15 second #shorts that's going to be tricky to do.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Oh, that is the editor. I have not looked at the new editor (I never used the old one either). I am not editing the video, just the YT info - so I use the regular Details edit page. I would not have expected the end screens to be in the editor.

OP
OP
Uncle Momo

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Depending on how long your video is, the bottom navigation will appear VERY small in the corner. Your best bet is to zoom right in on the timeline, the navigation bar it'self is very narrow and hard to see. I've asked YouTube to make it bigger, but apparently not enough people complain about it.

View attachment 9311
this is how my end card looks on a 30 minute video zoomed out.

View attachment 9312
When zoomed in, that navigation bar gets super tiny.

If you have your windows toolbar visible, it makes the bottom navigation bar even harder still to see. Not very good UI design.
View attachment 9313

Oh, and your video needs to be long enough to fit the end card in. End cards need a default of 20 seconds and can be as small as 10 seconds, so you need enough actual video to allow for the end card. If you're doing a 15 second #shorts that's going to be tricky to do.
It looks like you canΓÇÖt adjust the end screen to come in earlier only within the grey highlighted areas, my videos average about 20mins I would like to suggest my other videos on the 15min Mark I donΓÇÖt know how to change YouTube default settings