• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Help Needed: Not a native English speaker and need help with improving the delivery on videos

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Hey everyone this is Rob from Random Lifestyle Vlog. My Girlfriend Paulina who is the face of the channel is from Poland and lately she has been saying how she sometimes struggles with her wording when presenting on camera. She struggles to get out her sentences because of the language crossover. Does anyone have the same issue or does anyone know of any Youtubers who have created videos online which talk about tackling these cant of issues?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I have a lot of experience with this challenge in my professional life. I'm going to just give you the answer, but feel free to ask additional questions.
(1) Slow down your vocal pace, and;
(2) Slow your body movements to match your vocal pace

People confuse speed with energy. The typical audience will not notice a slight reduction in speed, but that slight change gives the brain a bit of time to make sure the words are what you want. Ever notice how you start to move your hand rapidly when you can't think of a word? And how that that causes you to speed up and then make even more mistakes? Slow down, focus on keep your movements a bit slower, and don't speed up when you are struggling.

It takes practice, but I promise it works and doesn't hurt how you come across on camera.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It is going to be preferential to focus on your native language for a lot of reasons. That doesn't have to be the case, but it is going to be exceptionally more difficult trying to do a channel where you are communicating to people whom you have an inherent problem communicating with.

I would suggest speaking very clearly and concisely in your native tongue with very simple sentences (and focus on your energy in your presentation) and then let the translator be your best friend. There is a lot more value in caption translations than people think.

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
It is going to be preferential to focus on your native language for a lot of reasons. That doesn't have to be the case, but it is going to be exceptionally more difficult trying to do a channel where you are communicating to people whom you have an inherent problem communicating with.

I would suggest speaking very clearly and concisely in your native tongue with very simple sentences (and focus on your energy in your presentation) and then let the translator be your best friend. There is a lot more value in caption translations than people think.
You will see on our channel how she speaks and i feel she is very fluent. But its the whole trying to think of what to say next scenario. Sometimes she cant find the right words. Her biggest struggle she says is her outros and ways to say things like stick around in different ways. Alternative ways of saying things

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a lot of experience with this challenge in my professional life. I'm going to just give you the answer, but feel free to ask additional questions.
(1) Slow down your vocal pace, and;
(2) Slow your body movements to match your vocal pace

People confuse speed with energy. The typical audience will not notice a slight reduction in speed, but that slight change gives the brain a bit of time to make sure the words are what you want. Ever notice how you start to move your hand rapidly when you can't think of a word? And how that that causes you to speed up and then make even more mistakes? Slow down, focus on keep your movements a bit slower, and don't speed up when you are struggling.

It takes practice, but I promise it works and doesn't hurt how you come across on camera.
Very good points.

I think it all just boils down to time and practice.

Watch Roberto Blakes first few videos, his delivery was very flat and monotone. Doug had a LOT of dead air between sentences. We all are always learning to evolve our delivery over time. The more you do it, the better you get.
I personally think the best way to vocally deliver, is to remember that natural speech doesn't follow patterns. Some people end a sentence on a higher note which makes it sound like they're always asking a question where as ending a sentence on a down note indicates the end of a point, and ending on a mid note indicates a point is going to be continued.

I'm learning that the note you start a point on can also impact how it is delivered. Sometimes starting a sentence on a high note can give a different energy than staring a sentence on a low note.

After doing voice overs for a while now, I've noticed there's one YouTuber, and Jamie Oliver suffers from this sometimes as well when delivering sentences, he starts on a low note, mid sentence goes high, and ends on a down note. But because he does EACH SENTENCE THE SAME... it starts giving off too much of a scripted unnatural tone of voice which can throw some people off.

I try to be very mindful of this, so I don't deliver all my sentences with the same flow. I'll mix up my flows to stop sounding too scripted, because our natural speech flows in irregular flows, not repetitive patterns.

This is definitely something i'm studying more of.

Nick Nimmin mentions this channel, Charisma On Command time and time a gain https://www.youtube.com/user/charismaoncommand their channel may help more.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog
OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Very good points.

I think it all just boils down to time and practice.

Watch Roberto Blakes first few videos, his delivery was very flat and monotone. Doug had a LOT of dead air between sentences. We all are always learning to evolve our delivery over time. The more you do it, the better you get.
I personally think the best way to vocally deliver, is to remember that natural speech doesn't follow patterns. Some people end a sentence on a higher note which makes it sound like they're always asking a question where as ending a sentence on a down note indicates the end of a point, and ending on a mid note indicates a point is going to be continued.

I'm learning that the note you start a point on can also impact how it is delivered. Sometimes starting a sentence on a high note can give a different energy than staring a sentence on a low note.

After doing voice overs for a while now, I've noticed there's one YouTuber, and Jamie Oliver suffers from this sometimes as well when delivering sentences, he starts on a low note, mid sentence goes high, and ends on a down note. But because he does EACH SENTENCE THE SAME... it starts giving off too much of a scripted unnatural tone of voice which can throw some people off.

I try to be very mindful of this, so I don't deliver all my sentences with the same flow. I'll mix up my flows to stop sounding too scripted, because our natural speech flows in irregular flows, not repetitive patterns.

This is definitely something i'm studying more of.

Nick Nimmin mentions this channel, Charisma On Command time and time again https://www.youtube.com/user/charismaoncommand their channel may help more.
Thankyou for your input and I've heard of c on c ! Ill let her know this info