• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Priorities

Pete A Turner

Known Member
I'm a big believer in ID'ing goals, creating a strategy that sets a path...then using tactical steps to advance my strategy to the goals/outcomes.
Sorry for the preamble...but I'm trying to clarify how I want to build my solution.

I have a LOT of recorded and published content. I've been podcasting, and subsequently sharing to youtube episode of my show (www.breakitdownshow.com) for years. I'm nearing 1000 episodes and realizing that I've not spent nearly enough time on YouTube to maximize it's potential.
Recognizing this error, I've begun optimizing my shows in sort of a Frankenstein recent to first-while prioritizing what seem to be the most notable guests along the way.

It's a MOUNTAIN of work...and not my sole focus...given my pile of incredible guests etc...am I approaching this the right way? What would you do if you were me? I can continue to tag, update thumbnails and play with titles/summaries...but I don't know if these are the tactical steps I should be taking? It's a big question...and I bet there's a lot of ways to skin this cat. Thoughts?

Again...I'm thinking about the best tactics to employ to accomplish the goal of improving my YouTube presence and discoverability

Thanks Y'all

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
You really need to explore TubeBuddy's bulk tools. There is a ton of time and energy you can save by spending some up-front time creating upload defaults, card templates, end screen templates, default tag templates, etc.

Here are some videos to get you started:

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Here's what I suggest;

1. Find a comfortable chair.
2. Get a big, warm cup of coffee.
3. Put on some relaxing tunes.
4. Plug in and prepare to spend the next year doubling down on this!!! If you have all this video content saved you have a TON of content (and a TON of value) to provide! We are content creators; people don't often recognize this but it is a key distinction between us and your common social-media user. It should be a common practice to 'recycle' portions of your content for consumption elsewhere. With the wealth of content that you have I would HIGHLY suggest putting together a schedule that includes contributing your content not only to YouTube but to social media as well (thirty second clips can be an extremely effective tool for your presence). You already filmed it, put it to use again and give it a second life!

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Pete A Turner

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Here's what I suggest;

1. Find a comfortable chair.
2. Get a big, warm cup of coffee.
3. Put on some relaxing tunes.
4. Plug in and prepare to spend the next year doubling down on this!!! If you have all this video content saved you have a TON of content (and a TON of value) to provide! We are content creators; people don't often recognize this but it is a key distinction between us and your common social-media user. It should be a common practice to 'recycle' portions of your content for consumption elsewhere. With the wealth of content that you have I would HIGHLY suggest putting together a schedule that includes contributing your content not only to YouTube but to social media as well (thirty second clips can be an extremely effective tool for your presence). You already filmed it, put it to use again and give it a second life!
You're supposed to point me to the "Easy" button...not double down on my work! ha ha. You are right. I need to polish up these vids with TubeBuddy...and continue to make shorter clips. Now I just need to find 2 or 5 of me to do that work :)

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You're supposed to point me to the "Easy" button...not double down on my work! ha ha. You are right. I need to polish up these vids with TubeBuddy...and continue to make shorter clips. Now I just need to find 2 or 5 of me to do that work :)
Join the club! I feel your pain man. But I will say you do have the benefit of this being a pretty cool longterm project. I would take my time and prepare for this to be a project that takes a few months. Stockpile a few and it can even provide you a little vacation time.

Reactions: Pete A Turner
OP
OP
Pete A Turner

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Ya, I'd like some vacation time. I am very very very fortunate to have the body of work that I have already. Most of the hard stuff is done..and the skills developed....but there's always more work.