• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Can Anyone Help?

proudboxer

Why don't I get views on my channel am I not doing the right thing?
Are my thumbnails not up to the mark?
I have seen channels in my niche that don't even use voiceovers but they have like 15k subscribers and me stuck at 282.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Heya @proudboxer , this is the question which each and every content creator wonders about, there are lots of reason as to why you're not gaining more views than your other fellow competitors or other channels in the same niche, reasons might as well include Thumbnail or overall CTR, Audience Retentions, Keywords, and Title research and much more. I've watched some of videos and your overall SEO is pretty good and your keywords are as well ranking quite well, I'd say give it some time but that's my overall opinion about it, however, in order to get overall feedback about your channels or video, what you can do is, you can as well head towards our Feedback section where our TB community will check out your overall channel and will provide you overall feedback for the same and as well would provide you some tips.

Before that, please do ensure that you check out this thread as it's mandatory before requesting for the feedback

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I believe that the problem here is actually one of mindset. You have views. You have 39 videos and one of them hit 13,000 views. That is abnormally good. Not all videos are going to be bangers, but when you get a hit like this it signals YouTube that you have some authority in that niche. There are different approaches to what you need to do with this. Many people will tell you to double down on that subject and capitalize on the authority you have established. Derral Eves actually says you need to let it breathe for a month before you create a follow up.

Regardless of which approach you take you should definitely revisit the topic, and you should try to incorporate the successful features of that video into your future content. Study the retention graphs, thumbnail elements etc and create your videos in that mold.

Reactions: proudboxer

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
One more thing I would like to add to the already awesome advice before mine. Don't ever compare yourself to other channels. Always take into account that what you do and what other channels do are not gonna be the same even if it's in the same niche. The way you create content, the editing, the content itself, whether you have a voice-over or yourself in the video or neither, it all creates unique content that some viewers may be interested in over others. Basically, their growth may not be at all the same as yours would be. Not to mention that they might have more experience, more videos, and perhaps a better understanding of how YouTube works for them.

So don't look to other channels to rank yours. Just keep working on your channel and content and if you can find your audience your channel will grow.

Reactions: proudboxer