• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Two Versions/Videos of the Same Trip?

WonderMonkey

TubeBuddy Pro
User name: WonderMonkey
Title of thread: Two Versions/Videos of the Same Trip?
Self review: In my latest video (of two), I go camping and show some of the riding I do on my atv, going through some nice country. Some people said "I really like to watch the rides, seeing cools things!" and others said "I would rather just see the highlights of the ride and pay more attention of you in camp! "So I listened, and I was thinking, why not make TWO videos of the same trip? One that shows the interesting rides, plus my in-ride commentary, another exploring, etc. The OTHER just shows any highlights and gets into the at-camp portion quicker. In each of those videos, I'd say that the other exists and which one THIS ONE is. Also, I'd make a playlist for the longer ride videos and any other information to let people know there are two versions that exist. What do you think about that?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4iXE-gqlYkFmfPuHHP2VTg
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/36602/

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
It is an interesting question and I don't know that there is a "correct" answer to this. But I'll note a few things.

You are at 3 videos posted. Therefore you are in "see what works" mode. Until you get more videos it will be hard for you to know what really works and what doesn't. It is an interesting idea and I could see a logic where you create playlists for each type of video and cross-link them in the comments, with cards and end screens.

Overall, you look like you are off to a good start. I would say you should pay some attention to your thumbnails. The text on the "First outing with..." video is very hard to read.

Last, watch your average view duration and pay close attention to the "Key moments for audience retention" graph. Your videos are a bit long. You may find playing with video length may help increase your AVD.

Reactions: Pete A Turner
OP
OP
WonderMonkey

WonderMonkey

TubeBuddy Pro
It is an interesting question and I don't know that there is a "correct" answer to this. But I'll note a few things.

You are at 3 videos posted. Therefore you are in "see what works" mode. Until you get more videos it will be hard for you to know what really works and what doesn't. It is an interesting idea and I could see a logic where you create playlists for each type of video and cross-link them in the comments, with cards and end screens.

Overall, you look like you are off to a good start. I would say you should pay some attention to your thumbnails. The text on the "First outing with..." video is very hard to read.

Last, watch your average view duration and pay close attention to the "Key moments for audience retention" graph. Your videos are a bit long. You may find playing with video length may help increase your AVD.

I agree they are long, I was mostly getting used to my camera. I also know that, in general, there weren't interesting enough to watch for long.

Thanks for the thoughts on the thumbnails, I'll go up the quality on them in a few minutes and see if they become more readable.

Additionally, I have greatly shortened my intro, to just a few seconds. I'm not established enough for someone to sit through a long intro.

Thanks for the thoughts, I appreciate it.

Pete A Turner

Known Member

Agreed...I don't think I would change a word of this.

Reactions: WonderMonkey

Calm Life Creations

User name: WonderMonkey
Title of thread: Two Versions/Videos of the Same Trip?
Self review: In my latest video (of two), I go camping and show some of the riding I do on my atv, going through some nice country. Some people said "I really like to watch the rides, seeing cools things!" and others said "I would rather just see the highlights of the ride and pay more attention of you in camp! "So I listened, and I was thinking, why not make TWO videos of the same trip? One that shows the interesting rides, plus my in-ride commentary, another exploring, etc. The OTHER just shows any highlights and gets into the at-camp portion quicker. In each of those videos, I'd say that the other exists and which one THIS ONE is. Also, I'd make a playlist for the longer ride videos and any other information to let people know there are two versions that exist. What do you think about that?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4iXE-gqlYkFmfPuHHP2VTg
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/36602/
Hey Wonder Monkey, I enjoyed taking a look at your videos. I am by far no creation expert at this point in my YouTube journey - I have 11 subscribers at this point as a creator but have many hours of watch time as a viewer so here is my two cents.

The parts of the videos that I enjoyed the most were either when you were talking about something interesting or showing something interesting. This might sound obvious, but hear me out...I didn't mind all the ride time especially if it was leading me down the road to the next piece of fun information or cool view of something.

Also, for me, I like it better when I hear a narrators voice vs. reading the screen for the comments/commentary. And finally, if I was a new viewer to your channel or to the atv/camping videos in general I would have liked to see a quick overview of the atv in each video so as to help each video stand on its own vs. needing to be familiar with everything or have to watch another video to figure out some part of another.

Overall, cool stuff, keep it up!!