• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Thumbnail Before Video

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Okay so here is the thumbnail that I have for a video I plan on making..What do you think? the title would be something like playing goldeneye on sega or something like that...I'm just trying to focus on my thumbnails first...would you click on this thumbnail? What should I add and not add..which one is better

WILL IT WORK.png

or this one below

WILL GOLDENEYE WORK ON A MODDED SEGA.png

any advice on the thumbnails..should i change the font so it's easier to see on a phone

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I lean towards the second one but the "peel up" effect around the Goldeneye image is distracting to me

Reactions: Jeff Goober

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Personally, the first one stands out to me more - the 007 part cannot be seen in the second and I feel the positioning is better in the first one too

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Personally, the first one stands out to me more - the 007 part cannot be seen in the second and I feel the positioning is better in the first one too
Yeah I was having trouble trying to make it white.. it would only stay a dark color for some reason

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Okay so here is the thumbnail that I have for a video I plan on making..What do you think? the title would be something like playing goldeneye on sega or something like that...I'm just trying to focus on my thumbnails first...would you click on this thumbnail? What should I add and not add..which one is better

View attachment 9260

or this one below

View attachment 9261

any advice on the thumbnails..should i change the font so it's easier to see on a phone
The second thumbnail is way clearer as to what your video is about. First one is not very clear. Not until I saw the second one that is. Also try to clear up the image if possible. It's a little hard on the eye.

That being said, definitely go with the second one. Great job man!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Visually I prefer 1 the first, the second indicates more of what the video is about.

I'm getting the impression these videos are either based on emulators, or somehow using code from goldeneye, installing it on a sega cartridge and then seeing if it'll play on sega? A bit like those cheap wish consoles?

It's visually, and conceptually interesting enough for me to want to check it out, but still too confusing and vague for me to know if I'd actually want to watch it, so my impression would be it might get the click, but it might effect the overall watch time.

I think you need to explain specifically what the video is actually about, because the thumbnail isn't clear enough in explaining that, and the point of the thumbnail is to make it clear what to expect. I'm currently not sure what to expect.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Visually I prefer 1 the first, the second indicates more of what the video is about.

I'm getting the impression these videos are either based on emulators, or somehow using code from goldeneye, installing it on a sega cartridge and then seeing if it'll play on sega? A bit like those cheap wish consoles?

It's visually, and conceptually interesting enough for me to want to check it out, but still too confusing and vague for me to know if I'd actually want to watch it, so my impression would be it might get the click, but it might effect the overall watch time.

I think you need to explain specifically what the video is actually about, because the thumbnail isn't clear enough in explaining that, and the point of the thumbnail is to make it clear what to expect. I'm currently not sure what to expect.
I have a modded sega mini so it's like a emulator pretty much... I'm going to do a series on seeing if certain games run on it or not and I will see how the videos do.